Jungle Rock Island is due for a checkup...

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Kueso, May 17, 2020.

1. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

NOTE: Im aware of the confirmation of a JRI revamp, this is mostly for my ideas and thoughts of what can be changed/what needs changing

NOTE #2: I am being told the map is set in South East Asia, of which i was unaware. I will not go through and re-edit my entire post, just know this now if you didnt already, like i didnt.

Jungle Rock Island has consistently stayed as one of my favorite maps. But, with all the new map revamps, it is falling behind significantly. If i were in charge, this map would be the very next one to get looked at, even past WCUSA (which i personally think is fine)

So the purpose of this thread is to simply speculate and give ideas to the developers and community, assuming they already dont have their own.

1: JRI is in some serious need of color and abiance.
    JRI to me has shown how far the game has come in terms of optimization. every time there is an update i spawn a crap load of cars on JRI and compare it to the previous updates performance, and iit is always getting better. JRI's foliage just goes to show how far the game has come in terms of optimizations since it's release, but its looking a bit bland as of now. JRI needs color.

If you have ever seen pictures of Hawaii, it is a vibrant chain of Island's with tropical birds and bright flowers. JRI has literally none of that. The license plate of the map has a larger color pallet than the entire island... Anyway, it also needs tropical bird calls, wind noises around the mountain in the center, and a lot of other ambient noises in my opinion. It feels dead, which leads into my next point. Even certain South East Asian islands have some beautiful ambiance and colors.

2: JRI looks deserted.
    Now i am not sure if that was the goal, because if it was the devs certainly did a good job. But if not, it needs a huuge revamp. It needs better signage, it needs more modern buildings and a revamp to both industrial/port areas. In a perfect world, i needs a whole damn town on one of the coasts or on the peninsula, which in my opinion, serves literally no purpose apart from being roads.

Think of Italy; which is by far the best map ingame: there is human settlement everywhere, but its not over bearing. Currently it is the exact opposite for JRI. there is like 0 human existence on JRI and the mass of green everywhere is intensely overbearing a boring. But i do have to give JRI some props for its road system, its very fun and always a joy to drive on. (This is the only thing keeping me interested in the map btw)

And finally 3: JRI is lacking in general
    This is much more of a general complaint, but there is really no theme to JRI, or at least one i can distinguish. The only really cool bit of detail in the map is the bombshell bunkers scattered throughout the map. There is little to no detail on most roadsides, and nothing really to catch your eye on. The airstrip is also very cool, and one of my favorite features of the map, but even then it could use some love.

All in all i love JRI, but i am sad to see it becoming relegated to the past and slowly but surely deprecating.

Anyone feel free to correct me or challenge my thoughts, we need more talk about this and not WCUSA.

#1 Kueso, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 10
  2. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

JRI has japanese WW2 structures, which hints that its in SEA. That being said, one of the license plates for the stock cars reads hawaii. So its not clear where jungle rock island really is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice