Released Kolas-Gamergull AI Circuit Race Scenarios: Vivace 1.3

It is a racing scenario pack against AI opponents on the racetrack. Supports official and mod maps.

1. Kolas

Kolas
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2022-07-22_20-10-49.png screenshot_2022-07-22_20-21-44.png screenshot_2022-07-22_20-26-32.png
    screenshot_2022-07-22_20-30-03.png screenshot_2022-07-22_20-35-55.png screenshot_2022-07-22_20-39-43.png
    screenshot_2022-07-22_20-46-06.png screenshot_2022-07-22_20-50-51.png screenshot_2022-07-22_20-54-38.png
    Kolas-Gamergull AI Circuit Race Scenarios: Vivace

I wanted to see how the BeamNG AI would perform against a player on the racetracks, and I created this mod made with the template of Gamergull's G.A.R.S. mod. The scenario pack has official maps and also some ported maps too.

The scenarios have custom variables in the race.json files for maximizing the AI's track performance. This means instead of a static value of the parameters, in some parts of the track the AI will take much more risk to turn their cars on the corners faster. With these variables, in some maps, the AI lap times are more than 4 seconds faster against before. The pack can be expandable if the maps has a decal road for the AI.

Along with the official maps, you need these maps to play all scenarios.
    The list of the maps:
    #1 West Coast
    #2 Hirochi
    #3 Automation
    #4 Lakeside
    #5 Spa (fix needs to be applied, from the links section)
    #6 İstanbulpark
    #7 Imola
    #8 Laguna Seca
    #9 Brands Hatch
    #10 Nurburgring (fix needs to be applied, from the links section)
    #Bonus Nordschleife (fix needs to be applied, from the links section)

Even if you had these mods before you should check them from the links section, they might include a fix or an update for the ai path.

#4 Lakeside
    #5 Spa, also you need this fix to make ai drive properly
    #6 İstanbulpark, updated for ai path
    #7 Imola
    #8 Laguna Seca
    #9 Brands Hatch, updated for ai path
    #10 Nurburgring, also you need this fix to make ai drive properly
    #Bonus Nordschleife, if you applied Nurburgring fix you don't need to do this again

Nurburgring- done
    Hungaroring- no decal road
    Suzuka- no decal road
    Bathurst- no decal road
    Baku- no decal road
    Macau- no decal road
    Okutama- no decal road
    Red Bull- no decal road

Notes:
    -The AI uses late braking also trail braking, you cannot past them by braking.
    -They might press to brake in a turn where you are not expecting.
    -The AI has awareness but only to what is on their forward, if you stay side-by-side the AI will probably push you out.
    -In close racing, they might hit you from back if you brake early in the racing line.
    -Do not leave the racetrack asphalt, part of your vehicle must be on the asphalt and the kerb does not count as a road. Otherwise, you can get a penalty.
    -If your pc cannot run this scenario over 30fps the ai will not behave correctly.

Credits:
    Gamergull - By adding extra features to the G.A.R.S. mod, it would not have been possible to prepare this mod for me without his work in this scenario pack, huge thanks :)
    Kolas - Preparing the race files, preparing the scenarios, making sure the AI is driving properly and improving its performance where needed, testing

#1 Kolas, Jul 27, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ZeldaCarFan15

ZeldaCarFan15
    Expand Collapse

In real race series, drivers do use the kerbs/rumble strips to get cleaner racing lines... Why do you want to penalize people for doing this?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kolas

Kolas
    Expand Collapse

This is because the game does not recognize kerbs as roads. The penalty system only looks for the width of the decal road and where are in that road. You can also use rumble strips, but at least one of your tires can't get off the asphalt. The reason for this system is that you cannot (and shouldn't) benefit from a huge cut by leaving the track.

#3 Kolas, Jul 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Can't you just make some calculations to increase the road width to include the kerb?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kolas

Kolas
    Expand Collapse

There is already an offset setting for this and the penalty system of some scenarios in the pack uses this offset to avoid false alerts. However, this offset is applied to the entire track, you cannot use it for a certain corner or exit. I hope we are not miscommunicating, for example:
    upload_2022-7-27_17-2-19.png
    this is fine
    upload_2022-7-27_17-3-36.png
    this will engage the penalty system
    upload_2022-7-27_17-7-50.png
    because you can see from the blue line that the last tire left the asphalt and the decal road. I hope the images were self explanatory.

#5 Kolas, Jul 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Kemop

Kemop
    Expand Collapse

I have a problem. Whenever I start the scenario on any of the 7 tracks included the ai doesn't move, I don't know if anyone else has the problem and how to fix it

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kolas

Kolas
    Expand Collapse

Are the 7 track you mentioned the mod maps? Is it happening on the official maps too? You should check if you have all the mods and try cache cleaning anyway. I don't know if this would be your solution.

8. Kemop

Kemop
    Expand Collapse

It's happening with the official maps too, already tried to clean cache

9. Kolas

Kolas
    Expand Collapse

Something must be wrong or missing in your game. How did you added the scenario mod to your game?

10. Kemop

Kemop
    Expand Collapse

with the repository

11. Kolas

Kolas
    Expand Collapse

I tried it with clean cache then downloaded from repo and every scenario still works. Maybe you should try it with clean install, if that not works too you can send your log file then I can ask to gamergull what happened on your game.

12. Kemop

Kemop
    Expand Collapse

I tried deactivating all of my mods exluding the race scenarios and now it works, I will deactivate each mod one by one to see which one caused the problem, anyway really cool mod!

13. Luca PlaysHD

Luca PlaysHD
    Expand Collapse

i dont know whats the problem but on west coast race track the ai crashes on the 7 corner everytime and when i drive an the big straight i get this penalty system thing and the race ends then automatically dont know what to do there because its is a orignal map

14. Kolas

Kolas
    Expand Collapse

According to the system in your signature, the problem should not be from your fps. I don't know what causing it. Can you show it with a video or something?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Luca PlaysHD

Luca PlaysHD
    Expand Collapse

yes here

Attached Files:

16. Kolas

Kolas
    Expand Collapse

I watched your video, do you have any mod that edits west coast map or its drag strip, or anything drag related on west coast? Looks like your map is edited and it confuses the ai, maybe you can deactivate other mods then if it's not helping maybe you can check integrity of the game.

#16 Kolas, Jul 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  17. Luca PlaysHD

Luca PlaysHD
    Expand Collapse

i will try it if it is one of the other maps maybe one is using the drag strip of west coast und doin shit :D
    --- Post updated ---
    so verified integrity doesnt helped and mods or something for the map i dont have :/ strange

18. Kolas

Kolas
    Expand Collapse

Okay, I'll try to add more checkpoint to there, maybe that might fix it.

19. Luca PlaysHD

Luca PlaysHD
    Expand Collapse

maybe on other maps too spa 1st corner and automation the s with black boxes have similar problems looks like the checkpoints there are too far away maybe i dont know :D

20. Kolas

Kolas
    Expand Collapse

You need to use the fix I shared in the links section about the spa. About the automation map, they get stuck there sometimes, but that's pretty rare.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice