1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Lagg caused by Overclocking ?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by NistingurA, Sep 24, 2017.

1. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

HI,

I have recntly overclocked my old AM3 AMD FX4130 (I know it´s a crappy old AMD chip)

I overclocked it to 4.3Ghz which is ok I think from the stock 3.8Ghz.

The system is running stable enough to play, although my games are laggy and unstable it seems.

So I tested it with BeamNG. The game is running stable and so on. But, I am mostly no getting over 30fps even on low settings. I have FPS limiter turned on, yes, but to 60FPS.

So I was curious and played FiveM. Same there. Game is laggy and never getting over 30fps although I am able to play above 50 normally.

Here is a picture of the BeamNG performance table
    upload_2017-9-24_15-51-0.png

As I said. The game may be running at 30fps, but is still getting lag spikes. And it is only occuring since I overclocked my CPU.

I also reset my BIOS settings to normal 3.8 Ghz and it didnt make any difference. The game is still running at 30fps, but still laggy.

2. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like your overclock is unstable, try bumping up the Vcore a bit more.

3. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

I did. I tested it with Prime95 for a bit. All cores are stable and temps are at mid 50 Degrees

4. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

Strange, I once had a problem when overclocking my video card a while ago, it became unstable and the video drivers crashed, after that the cards cock speed was locked at 377MHz. Had to reinstall the video driver. Have you checked that your processor isn't throttling.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice