Linux Gameplay

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Calis60, Sep 10, 2018.

?

Linux

1. YES :-)

77.8%
  2. no :-(

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Calis60

Calis60
    Expand Collapse

Linux Support would be great and as beamng is not currently restricted by Microsoft it would be easyer to do it now rather than later. It currently runs on direct x so it would have to be transferred onto opengl and as a bonus it would also run faster on nivada cores and woul likely widely expand the game .
    --- Post updated ---
    A comment i also saw which inspired me:

Aight, i know this has been discussed before, but i would like to know why the devs are not motivated enough to port this game to Linux. I'm specifically asking because indie developers usually port their content to Linux eventually, because they are not in contract with big corporations like EA who are Micro$oft shills. Why the Beamng team won't do the same? Why not, you know, develop this game in OpenGL, a highly multiplataform, free, and open source API instead of the Windows gaming monopolizing alternative that is DirectX? OpenGL has even better compatibility with Nvidia GPUs so that's a bonus.

Attatched is a file of me attempting to run beamng on wine a windows emulator.
    (the white noise in the backround is my laptop fan oops)

Attached Files:

#1 Calis60, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Maybe?
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/beamng-on-linux.53767/#post-833235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice