1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Linux (Multiple Distros) - Force Feedback Jerks to Opposite Direction - G920

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by WhiteFusion, Sep 11, 2021.

1. WhiteFusion

WhiteFusion
    Expand Collapse

Patch to fix my Logitech G920 and figured it'd help others with similar issues. This fixes `vehicle/hydros.lua`

Code:
    --- hydros.old.lua      2021-09-11 02:51:34.193807964 -0400
    +++ hydros.lua  2021-09-11 02:52:51.473808335 -0400
    @@ -146,6 +146,8 @@

-- figure out the fake number that the drivers want to hear, in order to really output the desired torque at the wheel
           local newForceAtDriver = responseCorrected and getDriverForce(forceAtWheel) or forceAtWheel
    +      -- LINUX: For some reason going at positive limit causes a wrap around and jerks the steering to the opposite direction. Clamping to the limit with a small amount removed.
    +      newForceAtDriver = sign(newForceAtDriver) * min(abs(newForceAtDriver), M.curForceLimit - 0.001)

-- send force only if the driver will see any difference (i.e. skip when still in the same driver ffb quantum step as last time)
           local newForceQuantum = math.floor(newForceAtDriver * invFFstep)
    --- Post updated ---
    Of course a proper fix would be to the driver, but I'm not even sure if it is the driver that's having issues.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice