Locked differentials on most cars

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by JeremyP147, Sep 16, 2013.

1. JeremyP147

JeremyP147
    Expand Collapse

I know obviously all offroad vehicles will have locking differentials, but I think it would be good to have this option on all RWD cars. It is not an unrealistic mod, as it is easy to install a spool or weld the differential. I drive a car with a welded differential and it is lots of fun. I would especially like to see it on the Moonhawk and H Series.
    I know there is already an LSD, but it doesn't have that same rough feel to it and the tires don't drag when making tight turns.

Since I am here, I would like to make a couple more suggestions.
    - Cars could make a loud, rough noise when the exhaust pipe is ripped off.
    - An option of having a high flow exhaust which is slightly louder, and a straight pipe, which is even louder than that. They could make slight performance gains when used with certain engine configurations, e.g. supercharged.
    - An option to change the weight of the flywheel.
    - A choice of different camshafts with different power bands.
    - A choice of multiple carburettors, e.g. triple side draft for l6 engines.
    - The ability to overdrive/underdrive superchargers. Overdriven superchargers can cause the engine to overheat quicker, or fail if done too much.

Also, thanks for the great game/simulation!

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

You can "lock" the diff as high as the physics will allow you by raising the torque on an LSD as high as possible (too high and I think it will make things explode)

3. JeremyP147

JeremyP147
    Expand Collapse

I tried a few different settings on the moonhawk, 600 is good for me. Might difflocks be an option in the future?

4. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it'd be cool if aftermarket parts became an option in the future... So not just locking differentials, but engine upgrades, transmissions, stuff like that

5. jasonorland88

jasonorland88
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure the "Locking Differential" is nice i'm gonna try that :D

#5 jasonorland88, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice