1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Logitech G27 Not Working Correctly with Beamng.drive

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by WackyFolf, Oct 8, 2016.

1. WackyFolf

WackyFolf
    Expand Collapse

Here I go- It all started with version 0.6. I plugged in my Logitech G27 Racing Wheel and tried to set up the controls. First, the Y-axis. (Accelerator) I tell it to do the gas pedal. Then when I don't push it revs and when I do it doesn't. I know why and invert the axis. It stops revving. Then I push it and it revs. I let go of it, and it still. Does... I then try setting up the brake, and it thinks the brake is the gas pedal. The steering also doesn't respond when trying to set that up. I went into the G27 drivers, and it said the gas was being pushed, as well as the brake, and the steering was doing nothing. I tried it on another game, one I used to play all the time before I found Beamng. It was City Car Driving. The controls there were working fine. "Ok, that's weird," I asked my brother, who also has a G27, and he said he was having the same problem, only with Beamng. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it possible to fix on my end? I didn't know if this should be in bug fixes or support, sorry. Thank you!

2. holographicdreams

holographicdreams
    Expand Collapse

Hold on.

Do you have throttle and brake combined set?

Are you pushing the right pedals?

Could these be defective units?

Are you sure that you have the right drivers installed?

Does this also happen with different driving wheels?

Do you have two copies of BeamNG.drive?

Do more troubleshooting. My wheel (Xbox 360 FFB Wheel) was once freaking out with ffb, I messed around with settings and got my expected result (proper ffb).

Sorry if these questions are too much to answer.

3. WackyFolf

WackyFolf
    Expand Collapse

1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Maybe...? Well, it works with other games.
    4. Yes
    5. I only have this one
    6. No
    7. Ok.

4. IvanGF14

IvanGF14
    Expand Collapse

G27 works perfectly fine here

5. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Logitech G27 is one of the steering wheels for which BeamNG.drive bundles a default working configuration, so you shouldn't need to configure anything at all: just plug it in, install the appropriate drivers, fire BeamNG, and it just works.

If it doesn't work, chances are the drivers are not working correctly, or are not installed.

The latest updates to Windows in conjunction with some versions of Logitech drivers are known to break stuff, identifying the wheel as a Driving Force instead, needing to unplug and plug into a different USB port, and similar random things. Make sure that's not your case too.

We also have a detailed guide for setting up steering wheels here: http://wiki.beamng.com/Steering_wheel_setup

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice