Looking for a modeler

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Dezervon, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Dezervon

Dezervon
    Expand Collapse

Hey BeamNG fans,

i´m looking for someone with skills and interest to breathe life into a car that I love and currently own (2 same identical models actually). Firstly I would like to know, if it is feasible at all for someone to take that kind of capacious work ahead for someone else (I have considered paying for it, though) and secondly, what would be the requirements - blueprints of the car? Pictures of each and every single part? Would it be easier to just starting to mess with it myself and finish the model by 2020?

looking forward to replies and thanks in advance,

Dezervon

Nissan Terrano I (1990) 2.7 TDI

Attached Files:

• 2014-08-12 12.40.40.jpg
    • 2014-08-12 12.41.18.jpg
    • 2014-08-12 12.41.41.jpg
  2. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

Depending on how much you have customised, the best way for a modeller to approach this would be to model the car based one existing blueprints, then work through the model adding and removing parts to make it more like yours.

I'd offer to do it myself however i'm fairly bogged down with work, i have a shed load of parts i could probably provide though, pretty sure I made wheels and a front bumper that are getting on for identical to yours.

The truth is you're unlikely to find someone who is willing to put hours of work into something like this, sadly getting it into the game requires a serious amount of commitment, with the model being the first of many increasingly complex hurdles. Nonetheless, if you could find a model of the car or one that is physically similar (think Suzuki Carry to Daihatsu Hijet) I'm sure someone would be willing to make it more similar to yours cosmetically.

3. Dezervon

Dezervon
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, thats exactly what I needed to know. The car has not been modified at all, other than the off-road tires and rims, which are not stock. I have learned, though, that in regards to already existing models, one should always have the permission of the original modeler to have something used/modified. So it would be better to ask, if anyone has created similar models and then go on from there, right?

4. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that would probably be the best approach, Id look for a similar model (there is a split opinion on what is acceptable in terms of borrowing a model here so tread lightly haha) then pass it to someone on this forum or send me a PM and I'll have a look and see if there's any easy wins to make it more similar to yours. This would probably involve re-texturing and swapping out some exterior features such as the rims and tyres. I've attached a set of wheels and a bull-bar I made a while ago to this post that you're more than welcome to use and are fairly similar to the ones in your image.

It might be tricky to find a model of a car this random in which case I'd broaden your search to anything from that era that's a large 4x4. Its actually fairly easy changing the shell of a model with the bulk of the work lying in places like the interior and chassis which could probably be botched to fit a new shell if it came to it.

I apologise for the crappy screen-grabs in advance, the files probably won't mean a whole lot to you but pass them on to a modeller and they should be fine.
    Capture.JPG View attachment bar.DAE
    Captur2e.JPG View attachment wheels.zip

5. Dezervon

Dezervon
    Expand Collapse

Wow, I thank you sincerely for your generosity, it´s atleast ~1% of my car already;)

What I have noticed, is that the Terrano is very much similar to the Gavril-D series in the game (except the body shape), which is an original model - I can tell the identical parts seem to be the doors/doorhandles, back lights and the frame. With your bullbars and tires it would already be a lot more like it!

I guess I should continue the first steps of my odyssey in the direction of contacting the Gavril´s modeller then:)

6. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

Your in luck, I'm doing a Toyota surf for my next project, They look very similar, Depends if I buy another computer...

7. Dezervon

Dezervon
    Expand Collapse

It seems I am indeed! But does it mean I could have you to model it for me as a nextnext project, or that you would allow the parts to be used?

PS! What would you make of this?: http://www.creativecrash.com/3d-model/nissan-terrano-pathfinder-1993-3d-model

"The 3D model was created on real car base. It's created accurately, in real units of measurement, qualitatively and maximally close to the original.

Model formats:
    - *.max (3ds Max 2008 scanline)
    - *.max (3ds Max 2008 vray)
    - *.fbx (Multi Format)
    - *.obj (Multi Format)
    - *.3ds (Multi Format)
    - *.mb (Maya 8.5)
    - *.lwo (Lightwave 6)
    - *.c4d (Cinema 4D 11)
    * tire's texture is not included in the set.
    * renders Are made in 3ds Max 2008 using vray 1.5 (studio environment is not included in the set)
    If you need any other formats we are more than happy to make them for you.

The model is provided combined, all main parts are presented as separate parts therefore materials of objects are easy to be modified or removed and standard parts are easy to be replaced. If you experience difficulties with separating standard parts we are more than happy to give you qualified assistance.
    We greatly appreciate you choosing our 3D models and hope they will be of use.
    We look forward to continuously dealing with you."

"We look forward to continuously dealing with you.":confused:

But would it work out for 99$?

8. ThatDude02

ThatDude02
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry, but you seem to be using a lot of polys, is that really necessary here?
    Just asking because what I learnt so far that all extra polys that do not contribute to the shape of the object must be deleted.

Or is it so the deformations can be simulated?
    I don't want to criticize you, I just want to get insight in the moddeling techniques here.

Thanks in advance,
    ThatDude

9. Dezervon

Dezervon
    Expand Collapse

I have come across a Terrano mod for Spintires, but would it be any good for a base? I know there have been other model conversions from that game, but I believe it is not at all an easy job. Since I started the thread there have also been updates to BeamNG that have added a 4-door universal body type JBeam to it, which I believe could be used for replacement if correctly credited?

Visual reference of the mod in Spintires:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9mtLkwq0Fg

Verified DL link for the files:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-9932043/2086-nissan-terrano-i-v6-3000-r3.zip.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice