Looking for a new pair of headphones

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Svpracer, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

Up until last night I hade a nice pair of Eskuche Control V2 headphones (https://www.eskucheaudio.com/headphone/control-v2-org-1), then my stupid dog decided to chew on them... I am now looking for some nice sounding headphones that are comfortable and that I can take to school. A inline controller and a foldable design would be nice. I also don't want anything super expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks, have a Happy Thanksgiving.

2. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Monoprice 8323.

3. Corvette82

Corvette82
    Expand Collapse

I have a nice pair of SteelSeries 3hv2, but if you have a larger budget than I did they have bigger versions. They fold and have in line controls for the volume and mic.

Sent from my Dinc2 using Talkatap.

4. richwoodrocket

richwoodrocket
    Expand Collapse

Pioneer steez 808 dj headphones. I have them and love. them.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

5. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Audio Technica ATH-M40X
    They sound pretty good and have a detachable cable. They come with 2 included cables as well.

6. DrBeat

DrBeat
    Expand Collapse

when you say expensive what price would you say for top ?

7. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

No more than $150-$200 max, must be worth it at $200.

8. Corvette82

Corvette82
    Expand Collapse

Oh I'm sorry, my post is kinda irrelevant if you're willing to spend that much!

9. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

Not really, if it's cheap and sounds decent it's a great option.

10. fsxnerd

fsxnerd
    Expand Collapse

I have a nice pair of skullcandy skullcrushers and they sound great with music. They fold and have an inline mic/pause button. I use them with my pc games as well, or I did until I upgraded to astros. I am selling them for anyone who is interested btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Since we are in off-topic, if anyone wants to know how to modify config files to wickedly change vehicle stats, just send me a reply.

11. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

How much?

12. ItaliAsian

ItaliAsian
    Expand Collapse

Here are some options. You don't have to do the microphone part, these videos just list some good reasonably priced headphones.

#12 ItaliAsian, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  13. Quannix

Quannix
    Expand Collapse

Since you didn't exactly put a budget in the OP, ATH-M50. Best headphones I ever used, generally around $150 USD.

14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

If you are OK with having less bass then get the M40x since its quite a bit cheaper and other than a bass bump they sound basically the same and have the same construction. But if you like your bass strong then get the M50's.

If you are ok with IEM's then i really like the Yamaha EPH-100's, In my opinion they sound nicer than the listed Audio Technica headphones and they are the nicest i have personally listened to. I use them for Monitoring live audio whenever i need to record an artist as well as for audio production and mixing. But for mixing i try and use as many pairs as possible since i find that usually results in a better mix. I also use AKG K-44's which i can also put in a pretty good recommendation for, they sound similar to the Audio Technica but not quite as nice mainly because of the super low price tag. But in terms of value for money they are pretty good, but they lack a bit in comfort and bass, if you want to listen to music then you are probably better off looking elsewhere since they are not very fun to listen too. Bayerdynamic DT100's sound nice but you will need a really frigging powerful audio source to power them (400 ohm impedance).

But all in all you have to remember that audio is very subjective, while that doesnt mean there is no such thing as bad or good (because there certainly is) there are lots of different types of good that are suitable for different people and different listening styles. While we can provide you with huge amounts of different pairs of headphones for you to look at we really need to know what style of music you enjoy and whether you are using them purely for listening to music or if you need to use them professionally for recording or mixing etc. Since headphones for recording and mixing can often sound very dull and uninteresting for listening, while very fun headphones are not as useful for mixing.

15. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

I have the Headphones that came with the Galaxy S3. They will break in somewhere around 6 months if you shove them into your tight pockets. If you treat them nicely they will last probably around 1.5-2 years They are Extremely cheap ($5-15 according to Google) So if they are lost or stolen it's no big loss. They are the only ones I've really listen to music with but the quality sounds great. I take them almost everywhere I go. Again these are the ones that came with the Galaxy S3. The buttons buttons only work on Androids (never tried them on anything else) and only the Stop/play button works on the new iPad. The buttons don't work on Windows 8.1 either. Other than that they are great for me.

16. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I used to have the ones that came with my galaxy s2. In short, they are "not awful" in fact they are fairly ok. But they were nothing more than that, they lasted me about a year. But they were (from memory) very muddy with lots of bass meaning they lacked clarity. But they were my main IEM's for a year followed by two pairs of klipsch image s4a(ii)'s ,don't buy the image s4a's btw, they sound nice, pretty much perfect for bass lovers but they are incredibly delicate, i always kept them in the carry case but the connectors were failing and the glue holding them together was failing. They were bought directly from Klipsch too meaning they were not fake. I them got a pair of RHA MA750i but one side was dead on arrival, the side that was working sounded pretty nice though, but the ear tips did not fit me at all apart from the foam ones that come in the box and foam eartips wear out over time so i decided against buying another pair. So then i got the Yamaha's and i really like them, they are very comfy (which is surprising considering how they look) do a good job of isolating sound (the Klipsch did a slightly better job because they are balenced armatures and require no external air meaning they ar 100% closed, normally headphones have a very small hole in the body to allow air flow) but they sound amazing. But they do have the issue of if you wear them outside in cold damp weather condensation forms inside due to the heat mismatch, so you would have to wear a hood over them if you live somewhere such as the uk for example.

17. fsxnerd

fsxnerd
    Expand Collapse

50 dollars

18. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Superlux HD668B's. I just got some for about $50 on sale ($90 originally), and they are amazing, IMO.

19. Snibeti-Snab

Snibeti-Snab
    Expand Collapse

HyperX Cloud, costed about 90$ and are the best I ever had so far :D

20. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Aren't the 668B's rather forward in the highs? Most people hate a high-heavy headphone, but I like that sound signature.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice