1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

LOST MATERIAL

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by themightykasey, Jan 16, 2018.

1. themightykasey

themightykasey
    Expand Collapse

I lost industrial material ind_bid_2_concrete

How do i get it back? I had a stadium built and i was trying to change the color of something. Game crashed and all my roads that were calling for that now say no material, but still calling for that.

Attached Files:

• AA95FA51-CA29-4E32-A104-25423594A923.jpeg
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You mean 'NO TEXTURE'? That happens when the game is not able to find the texture file specified in the materials.cs file.
    Find the materials.cs that contains that 'ind_bid_2_concrete' material (in your level's folder), and adjust/check it manually.
    Start the game, and if you fixed it properly, it should work fine.

3. themightykasey

themightykasey
    Expand Collapse

check it?

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Yes, check it.
    Open the 'materials.cs' that contains that material with a text-editor, and see if the textures paths are correct.

5. themightykasey

themightykasey
    Expand Collapse

it no longer shows up as a selection tho,

it isnt in the material.cs as i had to change it because of no texture. i cant put it back because it is no longer in the materials to select,

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Eh, it doesn't show up in the material editor? (Your screenshot above says otherwise)
    If that happens, it means that the object you select does not use that material (it only shows the materials that object uses / has)

7. themightykasey

themightykasey
    Expand Collapse

it showed up because that already had that selection, it had no texture so i replaced it, now if i try to switch it back, it us no longer there.

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It's pretty confusing.
    What is no longer here? The material? The texture? (And 'here' where exactly?)
    Screenshot of what you see now please?

9. themightykasey

themightykasey
    Expand Collapse

idk what i did, but the concrete texture is just gone. the race stand calls for it but it uses another texture i added to it because i couldnt find ind_concrete.

Attached Files:

• BeamNGdriveScreenshot20180115-17235669.png
  10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

That's better.
    The material is gone from the material selector.

Go find, in your level's folder, the materials.cs file that contains the 'ind_bid_2_concrete' you are wanting.
    Once you find it, check if the materialTag is correct (that's what decides where the material shows in the selector.

(In that screenshot above, my 'sr_white' material shows up in the 'RoadAndPath' group in the material selector)

For the crash, that happens currently if the material you are trying to use has 'No Texture' (means the game did not find the texture file specified in the materials.cs, which is bad).
    You should fix that material manually, by finding the materials.cs that contains it and fixing the path so that it indicates the correct file in order to avoid a crash.

(If that path is wrong, I get 'No Texture' which is bad)

11. themightykasey

themightykasey
    Expand Collapse

i had to open terrain editor in gridmap to get a material file to open in levels. i copied the the whole concrete material line into my maps material. it now works, should i make the line to find it to my map or keep it as gridmap since if i release this map, everyone has it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice