1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Low FPS on a More Than Capable Machine

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by jackh4x, Jan 1, 2016.

1. jackh4x

jackh4x
    Expand Collapse

I'm having a low FPS problem and I don't know if it's the game or my card. I'll load into Grid Map and everything will start out at 60 FPS as it should be. But as soon as I start using the parts editor or something UI related like spawing a different car, it drops to 25 or 30 FPS, nothing else, and stays there. I have no idea what's going on. I have a EVGA GTX 760 and a recently overclocked i5 4670K at 4.2GHz.

2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Is it just spawning a new car? if so, pause the physics and see if your FPS goes up.

If that's the case then shockingly its the processor. But if it isn't, which would be a more reasonable result, then something else is up.

I would assume the GPU may be getting in the way, but on the right settings you shouldn't be experiencing an FPS drop like that.

3. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

It's clearly not a hardware problem. Other users have reported the same thing. I'd mention this in the v0.5.1 problems thread.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jackh4x

jackh4x
    Expand Collapse

Ok, thanks! It's like my GPU doesn't see that I loaded the game up and stays at it's usual clock speed. Probably should have looked at that thread first.

5. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

I myself is having "abnormal" FPS with "mid range specs" (I7-3770K, AMD ASUS 380X)

Some of the devs are having FPS problems as well, stated here in the latest build.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jackh4x

jackh4x
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the extra information!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice