1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Low FPS or slow physics problems.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Diner50, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Diner50

Diner50
    Expand Collapse

I can not crash the van into anyting. The physics is sooooo slow that even if I'm trying to get up in speed it hit the limit far form top speed. The old american beast car that is fearly new in .Drive have the same problems. ;C

The physics is fine in the sport cars ( and the front driven blue car ) and some times the demo car is slowing down when the you are trying to drift it. Is this the Alfa state that make it not run max out physics? What ever settings I have it is the same problems. No difrents at all. I realy hope it is alfa that make it slow and going to get better.

Alfa 0.3.0.0.5? Idk what the numbers is. ;D Go down to 3 numbers plz. This is before the big racing patch if some one lock back on this thread. And multi car rendering is making the game slllloooowww. But still I'm happy to have payd for this amacing game still in alfa C:

My system spec is.

Intel quad 2,4Ghz CPU

8Gb slower type of ram.

GTX 670 GPU

320gb hdd with BeamNG on.
    320gb system ssd. (The faster type of hdd.)

I'm not good at memory knowledge and the English language. But I love this game. Best racing game after the older Need for Speed games that realy deserv a reboot after all this years. I'm not sure BeamNG is going for that but I love it anyways. Keep the good job up .Drive.

#1 Diner50, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  2. daveywaveyHD

daveywaveyHD
    Expand Collapse

You have a kinda slow processor. When you are in game with a vehicle, press "J" (which freezes the physics) and see what FPS you get. If it's stays the same, it's most probably your graphics card but if it jumps up, it's your processor. Hope this helps :)

3. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

If you put it in windowed mode then make it full screen that sometimes helps with the fps

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

The upcoming race update should improve FPS for you a lot, assuming that the CPU is the bottleneck :) It is about a 20-25% speedup/FPS increase. Also, you should upgrade your forum account: http://beamng.com/service/registerorder

5. oskars_davis

oskars_davis
    Expand Collapse

Putting BeamNG on your SSD might help a bit

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice