1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

low fps speedometer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Sebas-Kitty, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Sebas-Kitty

Sebas-Kitty
    Expand Collapse

i noticed when driving that the rpm meter stutters alot while going up and down it looks like its going 2/4 fps
    the game it self runs at about 25/30 fine
    is this a bug?
    if wished i could upload a video

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Video please.
    Also, the fact your game is running already at 25FPS could be related.

3. Sebas-Kitty

Sebas-Kitty
    Expand Collapse

video on the way :)

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I know that my automatic transmission can freeze UI, if I shift to some manual modes which game does not really support yet.

However it seems I get this slow UI also even without shifting manually, when I had BeamNG running for hour on background and then I did start driving again, crash made it stuck clicking with mouse to game window / dragging with mouse got it bit awake and enabling FPS counter seemed to make it bit more alive.

I did check CPU load for individual cores in task manager with fastest updates and it does not go very high, FPS drops for very short time upon impact, but restore to 60fps Vsync limited right away.

Still, thing is, it might be as well because of transmission mod, I just think that it is not first time that after the crash this happen, could it be related to driveshaft braking off? However I did not get that to happen without mods, but UI updates slower, if I click browser and use it for a moment, then click to BeamNG window, this was with 720p borderless windowed mode.

Pressing keys seems to make it also start updating faster again. I'm using gamepad, so I'm not sure what to think about, maybe with weaker computer slowdown is bigger from such?

Well, maybe that gives some thoughts to someone.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Don't use mods when reporting issues...
    Can you retry without?

And, if it happens, can you try by keeping only the 'Tacho2' app on your screen.
    If it still happens, press CTRL+U and go in the timeline tab. Press the record button, do that again and when done stop the recording.
    Then send screenshot of result.

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I thought that it would be automatic transmission mod, but it seems to be damage app, that green thing, I took cement mixer to cliff without mods, impacts (new damage?) causes slowdowns when damage app is on, it is kind of creating load that takes longer time to clear and while not cleared UI is slow.

I had damage app on screen and disabled, there clearly seems to be connection, I even did push J to pause and added or removed app and accordingly slowdown appeared or did stay away.

In video it seems to happen again when driveshaft breaks, which I observed earlier with cement mixer, but that might just be coincidence, with BX200 it is almost impossible to notice any of such effect, unless having two or more strong damaging impacts right after each other, almost same time and even then it is very short slowdown (Update: It will be easier to observe slowdown, if set gravity to Jupiter, so impact energy or cpu lag from impact has something to do with it. I feel that with damage app on, impacts lag bit more normally, but haven't double checked this)

So Cement mixer to Cliff.

Then another run with everything else identical and using this CTRL+U thing:
    upload_2017-4-4_14-6-32.png

Update: My settings:
    upload_2017-4-4_14-10-59.png
    upload_2017-4-4_14-11-20.png
    upload_2017-4-4_14-11-49.png

Update2: Though I take CTRL+U thing without damage app:
    upload_2017-4-4_14-17-28.png

#6 fufsgfen, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

@Nadeox1 did you have success to replicate the effect?

I made this kind of graph from running without damage app, UI hidden:
    upload_2017-4-5_18-17-7.png

Then this is with damage app, UI hidden and hiding UI did not change slowdown effect at all:
    upload_2017-4-5_18-21-44.png

Not sure if those would show more with VSYNC off, but it affects mostly UI, not so much of other graphics, physics etc.

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I managed to replicate on the Steam version, by throwing a T75 Cement Mixer off the Cliff map.
    If I remove the 'Simple Damage' app, it doesn't happen. So probably something with that.

Although, I tried on our internal version and it didn't happen with or without that app.
    I guess one of the fixes we worked on also patched that :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Cool, you can patch bugs before hand now, what next, flying cars? :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice