1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Make a scenario where the top speed is the goal

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by ThreeDTech21, Jun 8, 2019.

1. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

I have an idea for a scenario using one of the mods, the mod is the traffic mod from the resources page, it adds 3 - 7 cars in real time traffic, the scenario i want to make is called "Top Speed" where you have to max the cars speed to win the scenario, no time limit, any car condition, just reach top speed, it is lots of fun to do and very challenging maneuvering through traffic especially in fast cars, it will start off with low top speed slow cars and move to high top speed cars, but I don't know how to make the speed the goal.

Also Just found out that replay works perfect even with up to 7 cars, great for catching that winning run or that spectacular car pile up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  3. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

^This^

• Like Like x 1
  4. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

For my map, Castle Run, I've been developing this very concept! I have a 15km stretch that starts out as 4 lanes, then goes down to 2 lanes after 5km. The idea was to have traffic spawned (I was going to manually place them so it could be a challenge that is repeatable) and instead of so much reaching your top speed, it was more about reaching the end as fast as possible, you would reach your top speed within the first 2 to 3km generally, but as a result of traffic, you wouldn't be able to maintain it.

I like this idea though as it's simply, "Hit top speed!" and with the traffic mod that I've finally gotten around to trying AND have fallen deeply in love with (might be getting in the way of work haha) I think this is a fantastic mod idea! =)

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Excellent! Im glad someone is working on the same concept, I think it would be a fantastic scenario to add to officially to BeamNG, a few different map using different cars, all with the goal of hitting its top speed despite traffic, also the idea of getting to top speed regardless of vehicle condition is cool, you could lose a tire and still hit top speed downhill, or have the whole front of the car smashed in and still hit top speed in a rear engine rear drive vehicle. I tested replay with 7 AI cars and it worked flawlessly, I currently have recorded a few decent multi-car wrecks, the coolest part is you can watch the wreck from any car. 8 core threaded CPUs are becoming more common and affordable, its a matter of time before running 8 - 16 cars is normal, then "Hit Top Speed!" would be the hottest scenario around.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice