Rock Quarry Rally Track - Updates

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by Artistterrymartin, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

One of the pictures is the section of bridge got done today, on top of the real photo of the bridge. I tried to match the view somewhat. Still got a few sections to do before its complete.

Attached Files:

• 152112.jpg
    • 152.jpg
    • 0058.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Just like making a real one, without the back pain and sunburn :)
    Couple videos. one is fast forward time, other long real time.
    Video 1 Highway Bridge Overpass Creation - Part 1 - BeamNG - YouTube
    video 2 Highway Bridge Overpass Creation - Part 2 - BeamNG - YouTube

I will make a fast forwarded video for the next ones, and slow real time video for those who want more detail to what I am doing. I will just upload both versions hear on out.

I already know someone is thinking, I could make that s in 10 minutes :)

I will be zipping that model and posting it here for anyone who wants it. When its done. Will get another big chunk done today later.
    Once you see me trying to figure out how to Render and move lights around, that is a Q to know there is no more modeling. Rest is me just wanting to render something to see how it would look ray traced. 3/4 the way though maybe.
    --- Post updated ---
    I was thinking when I was gone earlier today........Wouldn't who makes a road to cross this bridge, that the mesh road should infact be the top. Its a .001% chance if I make a asphalt/highway/interstate type road it will not match the road you run onto it. I realize some bridges have their own unique surfaces too. What are any thoughts on this ? Thanks if anyone can add their thoughts. I suppose it matters not really. It could be covered with a mesh road if my textures don't match their roadwork.

3. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Today I parked the car and walked to a bridge, took several photos. I also got a few of Bing Images in here. There is a 8k x 4k texture I made of different parts of different bridges that can be used to assign texture UVs to different parts. If it was a cloudy day here, it would have worked much better.

After a couple days on the first bridge, I just was not happy with the photo I was using for textures. I will still finish it, but I will finish this new bridge first. The one that is easier. Here are some screen shots rendered. a little while ago. And you can compare the new bridge to the images in the zip. Not going to be perfect.

about to start on the columns that support it.

When its finished I will share it here for anyone that wants it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

5. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

3 types, may make more configurations later.
    No Guard Rails, you can add your own, or wait for me to finish.
    --- Post updated ---
    That very first bridge I started I am not done with. Need some more images. It rained the day I had planned to go snap more photos for better textures.
    --- Post updated ---
    Here is the Blender file if anyone wants to mess with it further.

Attached Files:

6. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

New to highway making

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2021-07-21_21-17-09.jpg
  7. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

The bridge is making its way into the new level Project3(Rock Quarry)

I have been working on making trees for the small highway that is more side scenery than the actual track. Likely will extend the track to run a short segment. I been making really low poly larger trees like what you might see on the side of a highway. Studying the photos of the highway I took yesterday gave me some ideas.

I am also going to finish the first bridge I started. Trying not to get too many things going at one time. I tend to get side tracked easy

Overall its pretty ugly still, got a lot to do.

First bridge I got to finish, somewhere working on the 2nd bridge my textures got messed up.
    upload_2021-7-24_16-17-2.png
    upload_2021-7-24_16-14-24.png
    upload_2021-7-24_16-12-41.png

. upload_2021-7-24_16-11-15.png
    Scanned these rocks from the front yard and made them pretty low poly with Meshroom and Blender.
    upload_2021-7-24_16-22-26.png
    Thats about it really, just been flipping around different ideas, trying to figure out an actual track course to run along it all, and working on detailing everything better after words. Not even a rough draft yet.

#7 Artistterrymartin, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

OO that's a very nice map. Colour grading makes it look more realistic, everything in alot of BeamNG maps are washed out

• Like Like x 1
  9. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Doing traditional art helps, being I can make landscapes on paper. Getting that to the game is another challenge though. Its like having one large thump in place of 5 fingers as far as control at getting what I can do on paper in the editor :) Thanks for the comment !
    --- Post updated ---
    Here are the small rocks if anyone wants them. I realize the texture does not need to be 4096x4096, it can be scaled and resaved in your photo editing program to something like 256x256 probably. The Lods work also. They are more detailed up close and become 2d billboards far away. Just make the texture first before importing the model from the asset browser or you will have to exit game and reload the level to get them to work. I put some easy to follow texture instructions in there. Oh, and they wont look good upside down, just rotate them left to right for variety.

Attached Files:

10. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Here is a texture I made if anyone wants it, I actually like how this one turned out. Cracked Asphalt. You can extend the Macro from 1000 to as far as needed if you want the overlay to show later. Or of course change the size. I tend to make things scale too large. I included a text file with what texture goes to what slot, and this picture also. Textures I put in the levels\yourlevelgoeshere\art\terrain folder upload_2021-7-27_13-24-59.png

Attached Files:

11. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

12. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Here is a little shack if anyone wants it. Make the texture before you import model from the asset browser.
    "shack"
    upload_2021-8-3_18-38-2.png

Attached Files:

13. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Another little underground segment...

Attached Files:

• 12345.jpg
  14. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Took some more video of the first bridge I was making a while back. I can finish it now...
    Also, here are some pictures of the Ugly Head mod I made before I painted it. You can see where I drew the inspiration from.
    Some pictures it is more far along than others. Obviously I exaggerated the muscles. The one thing I know I got wrong was the amount of teeth protruding. It was a challenge to get that crooked mouth and teeth right. Looking at it again, comparing the two... I did not make the top of the head large enough either. The one from the movie almost looked like an alien head it was so large at the top. Problem I had a few pictures I looked at, rather then stick to one. Think it looked more like it before I painted it.

Attached Files:

• 117713919_2780292178868895_8348947343677745543_n.jpg
    • 118560057_2792985997599513_3011315548761374103_n.jpg
    • 117649314_2780292268868886_1508196900958313163_n.jpg
    • 118158607_2791137454451034_4928855712954394774_n.jpg
    • 117626859_2780834868814626_6966870348178467191_n.jpg
    • 117836439_2784447228453390_6003542114013476625_n.jpg
  15. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Is that Jason Vorhees?

16. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

It looked a lot more like him before I painted it. I also dropped it a few times. Its made with Super Sculpey Firm, but did not cook it. Instead tried something stupid. Coated it with liquid latex then painted the latex. Don't know why I thought there would be sub surface scattering on something 100 percent opaque. I am fixing it in Blender though. Repaint it tomorrow, and reshape with the sculpt tools in there. Messed around some with the jbeam today, improved it some, and tried a few deform settings. wait a will while and the 4k should be done. It still has a long way to go.

Ugly Head, little more work on it. - YouTube

Attached Files:

• b.jpg
  17. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Started a new Ugly Head, about 1.5 hours of work. Any eye docs out there... Is getting narcoleptic sleepy sculpting fine details or reading small text a sign I am straining eyes too much ?
    Well, this will be a Pablo Myers when its done. Don't want any copyright infringing :)

Attached Files:

• IMG_E0383.jpg
  18. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

19. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Made this model a while back, finally got around to putting it in the level.
    Would love to know where to set the render priority for DAE's. Using animated ones are sometimes next to useless. They phase in and out of existence. I know render reflections priority can be set, but never found where DAE's can be. Love to know if anyone knows.
    The Belt is just an animated scroll texture, but the dirt clump/rock is a 120 frame moving DAE. There is 2, one for the belt, another to be the falling at the end, which 1/4 of the time shows up.
    Something else - YouTube
    upload_2021-8-19_16-27-39.png
    --- Post updated ---
    And worked more on the waterfall/river.
    More done to Waterfall - YouTube
    upload_2021-8-19_16-29-11.png

20. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Have the great idea to make the bridge breakable. Just a start, got more too do, main goal today was to see if I could get the base to stay put where I want it and only have certain parts break. I am happy with todays progress. Using the example of how the developers "Gate" for reference doing this ones base that will not move how they did the base for the poles.
    Jbeam Bridge - Made from a bridge I modeled a while back - YouTube

Attached Files:

• b.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice