Making Objects Invisible?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by AaronL, May 7, 2017.

1. AaronL

AaronL
    Expand Collapse

Basically, I want to make this orange wall invisible but still collidable. I've tried a few things, but I can never get the object to be completely invisible. I'm not sure if it's even possible, but any help is greatly appreciated!

2. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Well why do you want to make it invisible?

If you really want to set it to a transparent texture

3. Squatch32560

Squatch32560
    Expand Collapse

If you hit F11, you can control the looks of it. There's a tool on the top toolbar that will let you make it invisible. But you'll have to play around with it. You can make them flash, invisible, you can make a design swirl up and down, it's pretty crazy actually, especially since you never see any of it used in actual maps.
    --- Post updated ---
    I"m going to load up my game and go in the editor right now and take some screen shots for ya.
    --- Post updated ---
    Alright, there's actually a glass material you can change it too. I took a screen shot and added different color arrows. Here's how to follow them by color in first steps up: First you'll want to be in the ingame editor F11
    Then click the tool by the GREEN arrow. That's the material editor. From there you'll want to click the button ont he right side of the screen by the RED arrow. Then you'll want to click All on the top by the ORANGE arrow. Then you'll want to click page 33 by the YELLOW arrow.

Then the one you want is the
    PURPLE arrow.

You may have to add some file to your files to get to save, but it should work. Hopefully this helps. I used to use that glass texture to make invisible roads with water under them. You can even put the door textures on the objects as well. Then if you want, under the material tool, if you scroll down on the right, it'll have a bunch of animation options as well.

Attached Files:

• Inked20170508103740_1_LI.jpg
  4. AaronL

AaronL
    Expand Collapse

Thank you! I appreciate the help!

5. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

Donald Trump?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice