1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Making parameters adjustable in-game?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Vanyu161, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Vanyu161

Vanyu161
    Expand Collapse

Hello! Jbeam noob question.

I'm wanting to be able to adjust torque converter parameters via the tuning menu in-game. Is there a way to do this?

2. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

make a variable :)

3. Vanyu161

Vanyu161
    Expand Collapse

Could you point me to an example or tutorial? I've found variable transmission examples, but I'm not sure how to rework it to apply to torque converters.

4. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Have a look in the suspension files. There are plenty of examples for you to look at there.
    Basically you remove the value of the parameter you want to adjust then add "$value". The next step is usually copying over a variables table or copy a part off the end of the existing table if there already is one. I created a file that has adjustable gearbox parameters that i used for testing on the burnside. I will send it through now because i feel like it and I saw you are trying to help with the stubby t mod.

Here you go, it has the variable for values that you would change for testing and it should give you an idea how to setup adjustable variables.
    Have Fun!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice