1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Manual mode throttle requirement in automatic gearboxes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by DatViper, May 13, 2018.

1. DatViper

DatViper
    Expand Collapse

When using an automatic gearbox in manual mode, the game seems to require a minimum throttle application (or minimum speed) before you're allowed to shift up, even with gearbox assistant turned off. I know for a fact that not all real life cars with torque converters have such a limitation, since there's really no need for it, and while I am fully aware that taking off in 2nd or 3rd gear in a vehicle with a clutchpack, especially dry clutches, will cause excessive wear and damage to the vehicle, the gearbox assistant exists to prevent you from causing the vehicle such damage and I have it turned off.
    So, with the assistant turned off, why can't I shift into higher gears with the manual mode in automatic transmissions when I want to? I know this used to be possible in the game before. Is there some option somewhere that I missed? Can I change something in the code of the gearbox to let me do this? Or is this just the game trying to resemble IRL cars more by refusing to let you turn assists off completely?

2. terasect

terasect
    Expand Collapse

This was changed in a patch. You now need to add this line to the 'vehicleController' section of a transmission if you want no auto-downshifting;
    "autoDownShiftInM": false

However the gearbox must have an M mode, which can also be added to "automaticModes":"PRND21" <--just put an M in there, usually after D.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. DatViper

DatViper
    Expand Collapse

This was exactly the answer I was looking for. Thank you very much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice