1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Manual Transmission bug??

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Aces98, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Aces98

Aces98
    Expand Collapse

So I have this problem. Not sure if it's a bug or I royally fucked up, but when I put the transmission into so called "manual" it shifts on it's own. Kinda pisses me off mmmkayy. Also on the top left of the screen where it shows what mode your in (manual, auto, etc); yeah that said bye (I don't have it.) note, I'm using q to change modes.

Another thing, when it was "manual" one time, the gear sequence was: n,1,2,1,n,1,2,1,n, etc. wtf is that?
    ^^ all upshifts

2. BigMac

BigMac
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried force updating? Are you using any transmission or engine mods? If you are, try removing them :p

3. Neidjel

Neidjel
    Expand Collapse

Are you actually using a manual transmission? It looks like you're using an automatic transmission in the realistic automatic mode.

4. CBJ023

CBJ023
    Expand Collapse

Having the same issue here. Just the other day it was working fine now with my G27 wheel it won't let me use the clutch, or shift gears manually. It will only let me choose 1st, neutral, or reverse if I hold the brake, I can't acually shift, select the geras, or use the clutch at all.

5. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

You're driving a car with an auto. You can't clutch or manually shift an auto in real life too (except for the 2 and 1 modes). If you want full manual, install a manual transmission (all the cars have optional manuals except the H-Series).

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

7. xKryptx

xKryptx
    Expand Collapse

Some Auto's also have D3 and D4 (D4 being the usual D(rive)), My Honda Accord was like this, also my VN Commodore was the same, before I swapped it for the the T5 5 Speed :D

8. CBJ023

CBJ023
    Expand Collapse

Yea the D series works with the manual, but what about user-created cars that haven't been updated? Like the 1994 jeep, I can't do anything with it because its stuck in automatic, and doesn't have different transmissions.

9. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

You can edit the .jbeam file; find "transmissionType" and change it to manual.

10. CBJ023

CBJ023
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!

11. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Or change it to auto and then all settings work

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Firstly bump. Secondly, completely false. In auto you only get arcade automatic and realistic automatic. In manual you get arcade automatic, manual with auto clutch, full manual. There is a lua script to switch the full manual option to realistic auto on the sunburst though.

13. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Oh i think I've found a glitch in my copy of beamng.drive oh well, I think that all my suggestions aren't working with steam because I'm still using the old version that uses beamng update

14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

What i said applies to pre race update which is the most recent non steam version. On a car with the manual gearbox part selected, you don't get realistic auto, just arcade. On a car with the auto gearbox part selected, you don't get manual.

15. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I do have the pre race update (pigeon and moonhawk) + the GUI thing with apps and just try it it does work weirdly

16. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

don't look at what the apps say, they don't automatically detect what transmission your using (at least in stable build/pre-race update, experimental it automatically detects and sets settings accordingly)

17. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

should i believe the text thing because i know that you can toggle the transmission mode on the gears display but i always have it on manual to see the gear that the automatic is in but i believe the text box i will try this 'exploit' on steam version and post the results

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Its simple. A car with automatic transmission installed only has automatic and realistic automatic.
    A car with manual installed only has automatic, manual and manual with auto clutch.

Only 2 gearboxes in the entire game violate that.
    The hirochi sunburst uses lua to make a transmission with automatic, realistic automatic and manual with auto clutch.
    The hirochi sunburst uses lua to make a genuine CVT.

If all settings work. You are not running the current stable game version (as even the stable builds have this, except hirochi only being in experimentals)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice