Map ceation files & structure changes since 2014

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by jammin2222, May 30, 2020.

1. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

So as I haven't made a map for 5 or more years, there have obviously been a lot of changes to the files and structure of the map in that time.

As I am trying to update some of my old maps I noticed a lot of new .json files appearing in various places after saving changes. I assume they are replacing things, so I guess that means there are some files left over from the old system that I can now delete?

I guess I don't need the mapname.mis file anymore? Are there any other files that I should remove now too?

When I edit some items.level.jason files in notepad++ I can tell they contain some stuff that would have been in the .mis file but its really hard to read as its presented in a huge block of text with no formatting at all. The .mis file was much easier to read. Can notepad++ help to make it more readable somehow?
    notepad.jpg

So in short.
    Whats files are old and can be removed safely?
    What can I do to make the new .json files more readable?
    Any other tips and changes that I haven't noticed and things to look out for?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice