Map Creation Error- No 'MissionGroup' found?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by TheGamingBear, Jan 10, 2014.

1. TheGamingBear

TheGamingBear
    Expand Collapse

Hi all.

I am Creating a map and I followed a Youtube video and It comes up with this error:

I don't know what to do. Please Reply.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00001.png
  2. FunkyHunk

FunkyHunk
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if you've resolved this, but I had this error today. I went and looked at the Leap-of-death.mis file
    ("leap-of-death" is the name of the map I was working on.) Your map has that file in the name of your map. e.g: "Strolen_island.mis"

I found this part of the map;

Code:
     new LevelInfo(theLevelInfo) {         nearClip = "0.1";
             visibleDistance = "10000";
             decalBias = "0.0015";
             fogColor = "0.6 2.09744e-032 1.4013e-045 1";
             fogDensity = "0.001";
             fogDensityOffset = "-100";
             fogAtmosphereHeight = "500";
             canvasClearColor = "0 0 0 255";
             ambientLightBlendPhase = "1";
             ambientLightBlendCurve = "0 0 -1 -1";
             advancedLightmapSupport = "0";
             soundAmbience = "AudioAmbienceOutside";
             soundDistanceModel = "Linear";
             canSave = "1";
             canSaveDynamicFields = "1";
                desc0 = "A map for BeamNG Made by reginald - reg@bfmods.com 2013, Roads and lakes by FunkyHunk - Smash things up, or try to drive your way down without getting crushed! re-spawn on lower levels for a long road to the Top. Will you make it to the top before the darkness comes?";
                desc0A map for BeamNG Made by reginald - reg@bfmods.com 2013, Roads and lakes by FunkyHunk - Smash things up, or try to drive your way down without getting crushed! re-spawn on lower levels for a long road to the Top. = "A map for BeamNG Made by reginald - reg@bfmods.com 2013, Roads and lakes by FunkyHunk - Smash things up, or try to drive your way down without getting crushed! re-spawn on lower levels for a long road to the Top. Will you make it to the top before the darkness comes?";
                enabled = "1";
                levelName = "Leap-Of-Death";
    So, if I highlight what was wrong here in this codebox:

Code:
     new LevelInfo(theLevelInfo) {         nearClip = "0.1";
             visibleDistance = "10000";
             decalBias = "0.0015";
             fogColor = "0.6 2.09744e-032 1.4013e-045 1";
             fogDensity = "0.001";
             fogDensityOffset = "-100";
             fogAtmosphereHeight = "500";
             canvasClearColor = "0 0 0 255";
             ambientLightBlendPhase = "1";
             ambientLightBlendCurve = "0 0 -1 -1";
             advancedLightmapSupport = "0";
             soundAmbience = "AudioAmbienceOutside";
             soundDistanceModel = "Linear";
             canSave = "1";
             canSaveDynamicFields = "1";
                desc0 = "A map for BeamNG Made by reginald - reg@bfmods.com 2013, Roads and lakes by FunkyHunk - Smash things up, or try to drive your way down without getting crushed! re-spawn on lower levels for a long road to the Top. Will you make it to the top before the darkness comes?";
    [U][B][COLOR=#b22222]            desc0A map for BeamNG Made by reginald - reg@bfmods.com 2013, Roads and lakes by FunkyHunk - Smash things up, or try to drive your way down without getting crushed! re-spawn on lower levels for a long road to the Top. = "A map for BeamNG Made by reginald - reg@bfmods.com 2013, Roads and lakes by FunkyHunk - Smash things up, or try to drive your way down without getting crushed! re-spawn on lower levels for a long road to the Top. Will you make it to the top before the darkness comes?";[/COLOR][/B][/U]
                enabled = "1";
                levelName = "Leap-Of-Death";
    There was an extra line of the description, making a mess of the code further down it seemed.
    I deleted the text I've highlighted for you, and it fixed it :)

If you have an older version of the map lying around, open it in notepad, set the two mission files side by side, and scroll down until you find an anomaly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice