Unsolved Map Editor Bug/Lagg

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by NistingurA, Nov 27, 2016.

1. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

Since update 0.5 something, I have this strage laggspike everytime I edit the terrain.

There is a small video below that shows it in action.

Basiclly every time I try to edit the terrain my game is lagging to hell and there is a moutain/hole forming at the same place .. Which is annoying and I dont know how to fix it.

Attached Files:

2. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

I've found if I use the terrain sculpt on the edges of the map and move my cursor off the edge accidentally, a spike forms in the middle of the map. I'm not entirely sure what causes this, but the cursor thing seems to be the most probable thing I've found.

3. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

I am working in the middle of the map tho.. Also my game runs at 60 fps and drops to 12 when editing the terrain

4. MxT333

MxT333
    Expand Collapse

Same, I thought this was due to the fact that I added in an water plane. Still choppy for me, but when i lower the brush size its less laggy!
    Also a work around the spike bug, i found was setting the terrain to z - 0 x - 0 y - 0 the spike is only on the tip of the terrain which is an ez fix at the end.

#4 MxT333, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice