MAP idea

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by mrgreco, Jan 21, 2020.

1. mrgreco

mrgreco
    Expand Collapse

i was wondering if somone can make a almost never ending down hill map, sand, really steep, i just love watching cars or trucks tumbling down a hill turning into a big metal ball :p call me old fashion.

2. tomas piscicelli

tomas piscicelli
    Expand Collapse

In this “discussion”, Do we have to talk about your idea? or can we post ours?

Sorry if I sounded bad, My English isn’t perfect

3. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

I dont think proper neverending is possible besides the infinite grid map that i have no idea how it works.

4. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

I mean if you were to make a never-ending map you technically could use the infinite grid map. But going on for too long would cause it to bug out I would expect.

5. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

All maps are infinite, it's just that content in them is finite. You can go under the map in Utah or WCA for example and your car will continue falling forever. The way gridmap works, to the best of my knowledge, is that is a map with nothing in it and a single infinitely tiled texture applied to the ground model.

I believe making an infinite ramp would not be possible, though you can use teleporters (as seen in Nadeox's simple_map) to teleport you back to the ramp every time you near the end, creating an infinite loop a la the staircase in Super Mario 64.
    Your other option is to make a finite but really, really long ramp. That might be easier to make but would be much worse performance wise.

6. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

So how come in the infinite grid map you have no Z fighting abberrations due to floating point accuracy?

7. mrgreco

mrgreco
    Expand Collapse

just a sand hill but really long really really long.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice