Unsolved Map made game crash

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by JonasTMT, Feb 20, 2018.

1. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

I was making my map, and when I added more grass (Forest brush) and the game froze. After ~3 minutes it unfroze and I saved my map. then my game crashed (froze and I closed it, error: )
    I tried to restart Beam, and re-open my map and again, that error. (Game froze on 'spawning player')
    Is there a way to edit my map again, or do I really have to install more RAM? (Yes, I removed all my mods)
    (it would suck if I need to stop working on this map, because I spend around 100 hours into it)
    (I will send the map as a privat message, but it's more then 500MB, so you're warned)
    My PC specs:
    GPU (I think) AMD Sapphire 7770 GTX HD
    CPU AMD A10-5800 APU, 3,80 Ghz
    8 Gigs RAM

Attached Files:

• Error.png
    #1 JonasTMT, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  2. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

open task manager and check your ram usage

3. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Hmm... Remove the forest data for the map's files (Idk where all of this is anymore, it's been awhile since I've had to go in and mess with it,) and see if after you've removed it from the files, that you can load into your map.

If so, you had too many of one forest object and you ended up crashing the game due to that. I think the limit is like 10k of one object? And if you're placing grass with the forest brush, it's very likely that you have passed this limit, and caused the game to freeze. It will eat up all of your available ram until you crash. The more you have, the longer it takes, but still results in the same, negative after affect.

Also, saving a map is a very bad thing to do when you're dealing with game freezing; It's best to let go of your work and re-do it later; A small bit of redoing is better than a corrupted map (I lost an entire map to a save corruption; No way to get it back, had to start all over again.)

Also, Having been stuck with 8GB of RAM before, large maps are almost impossible to load and/or edit; 8192x8192 at a 1:1 pixel to meter ratio is about the limit for a system with 8GB of RAM.

Hope this helps some ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Check your virtual memory settings and available disk space, maybe increasing virtual memory size manually beyond what is automatically allocated would help?

If you run out of disk space, virtual memory can't grow, so that might be part of the reason too.

5. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

Wait, is there a forest brush object limit. I didn't know about that. It would suck if I have to ''paint'' every single thing again, but if it's the only solution I'll take it.
    I also didn't know that saving a map after a freeze was bad. I may buy more RAM, but I don't have much experience with building pc's. I'll look for more information about it. This message helped me A LOT, thanks :)

Disk space is all right (I think), but thanks for the reply :) When I go into the Task Manager, it doesn't say anything about disk space, only RAM (Memory). (Highest peak was ~ 6330,0 (96%)

This was almost the highest.

Attached Files:

• highest.png
  6. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

All right, little question:
    How can I remove one one type of vegetation without opening the map editor? (My idea is removing all the grass, and add it later through ground clutter)

7. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

There's a limit for forest objects?
    I'm almost sure Rotting Grounds has over 10k of each. lol
    Granted... it also took 5-7 minutes per save if I edited the "forest"...

8. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

There is one. I know, because I've hit it, and crashed my computer in the process on some occasions. Most of the time it just crashes BeamNG.

Once I managed to blue screen my PC whilst saving a map, and corrupted the entire thing, this was also related to the forest I'm pretty sure...

Another time, I kept crashing on my Mountain Highway map when I'd place a forest item I had used too many of.

You may or may not have used 10k of each, though you may have been close to the limit given you're save times.

You'd know if you were to hit it when you place a forest item and your game freezes for several minutes until your OS freaks out because all of the available RAM is being eaten up by BeamNG freaking out.

9. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

Ram is now relatively okay (75% on my PC) but now it freezes.. What I saw is that my CPU got to 100% and then it got back to 40%. Maybe that has something to do with freezing my game? Anyone want to try to fix it, because I can't find a solution. (Last solution I have is fully removing the forest file (I removed only the grass))

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice