Solved Map: missing textures

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by JonasTMT, May 24, 2017.

1. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

I have this problem since I started working on my newest map: the texture of the 'Curb_straight_8m' Taken from East-Coast_Usa, dissapear after 1 or 2 weeks. (I use custom object BTW). when I change a custom object, the texture reappear. Do someone know why, and maybe how to stop this?

Also, I deleted a custom object, because I didn't need it. I changed it to another object, but when I started up my map, and take a look at it. Some other custom object now have missing textures! I put this object back in the game, but the textures are still missing! Do I need to delete these object (that have missing textures) and redownload and put it in the game? Or is there an easier option?

2. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Hi there. Check the console (default binding is ~ key to access it), and see what kind of errors are showing up when this happens. The material may be setup incorrectly in the materials.cs file beside the curb.dae, but somehow still working. This has happened to me before.

3. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

No signs of missing textures of my custom buildings. I'll re'export' it
    --- Post updated ---
    I also couldn't find any 'Grass-02-D.dds' (for stage 0). (error says: )
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, the custom building's missing textures are magically fixed, when I REMOVED some non-used custom buildings, weirdly.

Attached Files:

• Missinggrass.png
  4. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

And there texture paths exist ?

5. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

Also, the custom building's missing textures appears ag
    Texture path? How do you mean? (probably stupid question)
    --- Post updated ---
    Accidentally it says ''also, the custom building's missing textures appears ag''. I didn't want to type that

6. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

E.g. is your grass texture actually at "levels/Sloped_City/art/shapes/misc2/Grass-02-D.dds"?

7. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

Accidentally it says ''also, the custom building's missing textures appears ag''.
    Nope, I couldn't find any Grass-02-D.dds :( I'll make another texture, that looks like the curbs normal texture, with the same name, in misc2
    --- Post updated ---
    A, I fixed it. Thanks for your help tho!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice