Map-to-Map Teleportation

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by henryjhost, Nov 12, 2018.

?

Good Idea?

1. No

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Yes

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  3. I Don't Care

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

So, I was in the car today and I thought of an idea for Beam. So the idea is is that every map has one or more teleportation points that lead to a different map, kind of like in FH3. You can drive up to a certain location such as an airstrip, port, terminal, etc. And it will automatically load up a different map depending on the location you drive to. I think this would make the game feel more complete and make a valuable contribution to the new career mode.

2. RAINY

RAINY
    Expand Collapse

I think at airports and seaports should have a menu that would let you chose a destination. And maybe checkpoints would be more efficient
    --- Post updated ---
    Its a great idea and I'm glad its getting recognized

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

i think that has always been the plan with the Utah tunnels and WCU highways.

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm thinking that loading a map can take a minute, it probably would not be shorter time when implemented this way.

It would be kinda nice, if possible to make somewhat seamless, but then would need ferry or something to move vehicle to and from JRI, there longer load delay would not be so bad.

Maybe other places could have some kind of container etc. where you drive and loading would be presented as transporting to new location?

Need creative way to blend loading time into game, transporting message and load bar would do fine, simple to do actually.

Tunnels are challenging as you would need something for load delay.

Seamless loading, I'm not sure if that is happening.

Just Cause 3 has seamless loading of the map and map is huge, but it is not quite comparable for various of reasons.

Who knows what they invent, but yeah, it would make game feel bigger than manually loading just one location. It is really all about impressions and how you craft them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

That's kinda what I was going for, that it would make the game seen bigger and more complete, rather than just a bunch of different maps that you do separate stuff on.

6. RAINY

RAINY
    Expand Collapse

Road trip

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I'm getting Spyro vibes from this post...

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

What is Spyro?

9. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Anyway, I'd absolutely love this option. If it's possible atleast.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice