map traversal

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by DCNINJASKAT3R12, May 17, 2021.

1. DCNINJASKAT3R12

DCNINJASKAT3R12
    Expand Collapse

what i mean by map traversal is allow the ability in game to drive to a point and transfer to a different map. like what they did in snow runner. so that u can roleplay and drive from one side of the country to the other. for example u could start in east coast usa and drive through the map and then teleport to another map and drive through and eventually end up in west coast usa. sry for bad explanation. i just thought of this like 5 minutes before making thread. but it would add more role play ability to the game for people that like doing that. or just a more realistic way of changing maps.

2. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

if loading maps didnt take 5 minutes, this would be a nice idea lol

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

I suppose that the game could maybe load 3 pre-selected maps at the same time, which while still would take long, it wouldn't be as a massive of a wait as waiting for each map to load separately. In this case, fps would be an issue as there would be muuuch more terrain loaded, but seeing how Torque3D works from other people, this would probably be the only option unless the devs would be willing to spend hundreds of hours improving the Game Engine to accomodate such function

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DCNINJASKAT3R12

DCNINJASKAT3R12
    Expand Collapse

instead of loading 3 (or how many) maps at once. it could load one map fully (the map your on) and pre load the other 2 in memory so that it wont put strain on ur graphics card and lower fps as much and it will make load times faster. then again you will need a good amount of ram for this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Not worth it if it would increase the already long loading times imo.

6. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Given how the game handles larger maps already.. only players with more highly spec'd rigs could truly enjoy such a feature.I don't suspect 16gb systems would handle this sort of thing very well.

I already find 32gb=< often makes BeamNG pretty much as happy as can be on a system especially if you enjoy Italy. But 3 maps pre-loaded would be particularly demanding.

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice