Material and model "problems"

Discussion in 'Programming' started by TheBlackWoodpecker, Feb 17, 2018.

1. TheBlackWoodpecker

TheBlackWoodpecker
    Expand Collapse

I posted this to wrong section and deleted it, but now i hope somebody could answer to this :)

Problems that i have with my first ever modeling/modding project.

I use blender.
    These are very common problems, but i still cant fix them.
    I have read other people's posts and the wiki page of vehicle creation multiple times and checked my files many times.
    The vehicle is a scifi car, but its not easy to make flying things in BNG so it is more like a learning project to understand the process of getting a thing ingame with working textures, material and jbeam.
    ------------------
    Problem no.1
    No Material. I would like to get explanation of how to actually make a blank material that shows white ingame. I have read wiki and tried to find tutorials and such on the internet, but nothing really explains how to do this. So, for me it looks like the wiki has skipped a step. I would put it like this: Wiki page shows how to code and such, but where came the material they used in the example project? I seem to have nothing in my .dae file, but a weird file came with it called "Material Diffuse Color". I pasted it to my project folder but nothing was changed.
    Something is done wrong or then i'm just stupid :p

This is how it should look like (on wiki page)
    Capture2.jpg

----------------------------

Problem no.2
    Model not complete
    As you can see, the model is partial. The model should look like what it is in the last pic which is from blender. I tried to fix this by making many different models with different settings, but every one of them is partial in some way.

3-in-1 problems (rotation and mirror problems are actually fixed now) still a good example of the problems i have. (Now the front of the thing has disappeared but its not cut in half anymore.)
    screenshot_00470.png
    How the model should look like
    Capture.jpg
    --------------------------------------------------------------

I can give more information about files or blender screenshots for you, just ask for it.
    English is not my language :) If you don't understand something because my English is not so good, say it, and I can try to correct the spelling.

If you spot something i haven't spotted (in the pics), tell me about it.

#1 TheBlackWoodpecker, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. K_Ben 22

K_Ben 22
    Expand Collapse

Just so you know your photos aren't working, might want to fix that.

3. TheBlackWoodpecker

TheBlackWoodpecker
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, they should work now

4. TheBlackWoodpecker

TheBlackWoodpecker
    Expand Collapse

"unable to find material for texture" Photo: Capturess.jpg
    i have no idea what im doing wrong here. I have (texture).png in my files. (does it have to be .dds?)
    and those "materiaali.003" and "materiaali1_1" are two different materials that i made in blender for different models. I have no idea why both of them are listed there, the 1_1 version is active now.
    I guess it is problem with materials itself.
    I can't use blender properly, what all things do i have to click there to make a valid material?

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

That usually means the game is not able to find the texture in the location specified from the object's materials.cs file.
    You should open that with notepad and double check that all your paths are correct.

Not necessary (for now), but highly suggested to use .DDS

Probably they are both assigned to your model.
    You need to remove the one you don't need from your model, so that when you select it, in the 'materials' tab in Blender, only one shows up.

6. TheBlackWoodpecker

TheBlackWoodpecker
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply. I deleted the other material and updated all my files.
    One thing has changed...
    log shows that same error but now just once :)

My materials file has the simple code from wiki page and all the important things should be correct.
    Maybe something wrong with files?
    vc500filesmat.jpg
    (Vc500 is the 3d object name)

Btw, this is what i see now (nothing really changed)
    vc500jbmodel.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice