1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Material issue and terrain map issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Zilverback, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Zilverback

Zilverback
    Expand Collapse

Hey all,

First, I have watched and followed along with some of the tutorials people put on (and the ones in this forum), they are great, but they still don't work for me. I have experience with 3Dstudio Max and some coding so I am not a complete noob, I understand what should be happening and it just is not. I have tried to uninstall and re-install the game and turned off all mods etc. I can modify existing ones, but I want to create my own with the height maps that I've created. Here it is.

Issue #1: Importing height map results in error screen "terrain import failed, check console for error messages." The height map is to spec and followed all rules. they are png's following rule of 2 etc.

Issue #2: Creating new material shows up white unless the material files are in the beam main folder, no issue there, but then they are not facing the correct way along the roads, they are perpendicular. materials have been downloaded from Sketchup textures (paid for the year). UPDATE: imported jpg to Photoshop, re-saved with image vertical (road lines up and down) and that fixed the road texture issue.

I will pay someone who makes maps, for their time to screen share or what ever will work best, zoom etc. and go over some stuff with me if there's anyone willing, must have maps currently in the system.

#1 Zilverback, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

1. Please attach your heightmap here
    2. It's quite generic, need more information: What are you trying to do? What kind of material? Where are you placing files? How is your materials.cs/.json file looking like?

3. Zilverback

Zilverback
    Expand Collapse

I am trying to create a mini map of the town i live in. THere may be a better way to start though, maybe through Unity (have to learn another program). I was simply going to use a grass or sand that is in the system as the material, this file is in the main drive Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\content\levels\FOLDER.

I did not write a json for it, i am simply trying to replace the terrain in the template map. again, probably a better way to do this.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• 16b_Grey_LethHeightMap2048.png
    #3 Zilverback, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice