1. This section is for Ideas and Suggestions related to official game content. Don't request licensed vehicles here please. Read the rules here
    Dismiss Notice

Maybe a new Electric or Hybrid SUV?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ChaosZombie999, Jun 22, 2019.

1. ChaosZombie999

ChaosZombie999
    Expand Collapse

As fun as it is, the Roamer is starting to get a little on the bland side. I think if we have the eSBR internals in the Roamer and maybe even all of the vehicles (built after 1988) . While I feel like this will get flamed a lot I just wanted to share my idea and maybe it will work out?

Update: What if Civetta or ETK made an SUV or a truck? I feel bad because there is only the bolide and Civetta could use a new car. ETK on the other hand has the 800 I series and K series... but no SUV either..

#1 ChaosZombie999, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  2. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

3. CrimsonCrocodile

CrimsonCrocodile
    Expand Collapse

An electric/hybrid modern SUV would certainly be interesting.

If this was to ever be added it would be cool to see terrain response features etc. included. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. IvanGF14

IvanGF14
    Expand Collapse

Electric vehicles pollute more than a modern combustion vehicle, already provent by some studies

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

What studies are you basing that off of? Other studies, done by the Union of Concerned Scientists prove that electric vehicles produce half the emissions of an equivalent/similar ICE from manufacturing to disposal.

Article and study: https://cleantechnica.com/2018/02/19/electric-car-well-to-wheel-emissions-myth/

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

https://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2018/05/15/are-electric-cars-worse-for-the-environment-000660

war is more enviorment friendly ?
    Drive a car 5 years and waste it ?
    or drive a car 20 years and more ?

Electric cars are just an excuse to terminate a industry to replace it with a other
    so they can grow rise rise rise more more more
    replace everything buy new
    green is for me different

--- Post updated ---
    and buy the way a study is only as good as the parameters wich that it is made

ever heard of power to liquids and co2 neutral gas and seaweed oil ?

the problem on ice isn not the ice itselve but how we get our gas we need to get rid of foccile oil
    (buy the way electric cars need big material mining so it does literaly the same like foccile oil mining)

let us stop this ore move this to a another thread i see this exploding here

#7 tobias95ng, Jun 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

well we wouldn't have an issue if you would stop ranting every time someone mentions electricity

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

wat is wrong with it to ask for a seperate treat ?

if it is well let the off topic flow

if the e industy and byed politicans werent bashing aginst ice and likely want to bann them
    without a reason
    i wouldnt rant

#9 tobias95ng, Jun 22, 2019
  10. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

I still have plenty of points to make, but for the sake of this thread and everyone else on the forum, I won’t make them here.

• Like Like x 2
  11. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

me too

12. zestyfolfdude

zestyfolfdude
    Expand Collapse

-politicians tryting to clean up the wnviroment a little, encourage use of greener cars-

"car guys"- OMG WHY DO POLITICIANS HATE ICUS EJFGVBU8QWHD3WYUGYgbyufebtyuSDFaWECWR HNGa tybedfB Gf u

• Like Like x 1
  13. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

But to push a monopoly without an alternatye itselves is way the wrong way (and i hadnt included the big and fatal enviormen and technical issues of EVs here yet)

Man i still have so many points i will log out now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Greenhouse gas emissions aren't the whole story though. Lithium batteries like that are a killer to make in terms of worker saftey and ground pollution, short vehicle life spans are just obnoxious, and a lot of our country still gets power from coal. I know that article said the emisions of that issue are fine, but at the rate of deregulation in the USA there are other concerns, like coal mine saftey. Yes, oil has some of these problems too, but part of me isn't all that uncomfortable with North Dakota and Venezuela getting the pollution and poor worker conditions :p

Don't get me wrong here, I'm fine with electric vehicles as long as ICE is still an option for enthusiasts (though the short vehicle lifespan is a serious issue for me. Imagine what that would do for the used car market; and look at how messed up 95% of the new car market is if you're thinking that doesn't matter). Electric, like any other new tech, has growing pains. Get vehicle lifespans up massively, get charging ports more common, and assure me that enthusiasts and boaters will still have full access to gas and I'll be 100% on board.

The gas and auto companies have a lot of power here, they have for a long time. They single handedly destroyed a lot of our public transit infastructure when they realized it threatened them, (as a mechanical engineer student who loves public transport, that one really does pain me) and lobbying is an idiotically powerful tool. It amazes me that they have allowed things to go this far, looking at how many electric cars are in the 2020/2022 lineup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Because domestic car users are still less than 10% of the cause of contamination in the world. But its ok, the goverment will still force people to be "greener" while the real cause of contamination, the companies that pollute and the big freighter ships will do just the same old and no regulation will be passed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

ICE cars, especially new ones, are among one of the lowest producers of pollution out there. Even cows as a whole pollute more than every mode of transportation (every single car, every single bus, ect) combined. If you really want to become greener look towards factories or power plants or pretty much anything else because forcing everyone to change to electric cars won’t do anything.
    On a side note yes I would like to see a modern electric “SUV” (probably gonna be some crappy crossover) so I can crush it into a tiny ball.

• Like Like x 1
  17. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The problem is, electric cars have less production cost than ICE cars, yet they sell higher price. Thanks to the "advocation" of the so-called envionmentalists, money talks.

18. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

they dont have less polution if you drive with LPG or the best solution would be sythetic fuel and bio fuel out of seaweed then you are way better than EVs can ever be
    les produktion costs are relative because the costs of rare metals cobald, indium, germanium, ec. are rising

19. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Only when you ignore pollution from the extraction, refinement and transportation of oil.
    --- Post updated ---
    Source on that?
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, here's my idea:

Edison Series III (2014-):

"This car has no competitors. Sure, maybe there is more luxurious stuff coming from Europe, and the Euro makers are building electric cars, but when it comes to showing off your alpha post-fossil-fuel male cultured American personality on Picsnap, no other model can do it better. Plus, it drives itself on the highway."

A
    2010s American fullsize electric crossover. Based on a mix of the Tesla Model X and Fisker Karma Surf. Unibody, engines on axles, front double-wishbone, rear multilink suspension. 325 HP/405 HP/440 HP/460 HP RWD single-motor/465 HP/505 HP/550 HP/600 HP/645 HP/695 HP AWD dual-motor powertrain, direct drive. Has a custom variant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. IvanGF14

IvanGF14
    Expand Collapse

Looks like you never heard of syntetic fuel, which reduces 80% more the pollution, it's made from CO2 and may be the future of fuels. Anyway, with that rule we can say the same about extracting the materials for the bateries, cant we?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice