1. Stuck or having problems creating your mod?

Released Me262 v1.0

Infamous WWII jet fighter

1. THEWATCHER

THEWATCHER
    Expand Collapse

#41 THEWATCHER, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Flipdo3

Flipdo3
    Expand Collapse

Is it possible to have an ai flying about?

Feels like a stupid question considering how on some maps they struggle on the ground, but that screenshot made me think.

3. silvermanblu

silvermanblu
    Expand Collapse

Would be amazing to see some rudimentary Autopilot. Just a maintain altitude and heading. So this thing is god like. I mean it is so good Stoat. Best mod 10/10 give this man a job Tdev good.

4. Flipdo3

Flipdo3
    Expand Collapse

i would love to just have an ai even fly in a straight line honestly, imagine coming down on a formation of them !! would be awesome. then aim for the engines, and watch as they spiral towards the ground and explode

5. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hm, can those with issues please disable every single mod in the mod manager and then ONLY reactivate the me262 and see what happens?
    It's extremely weird that it happens only to a select few of you...:confused:

The logs so far seem to indicate that the jet engine powertrain device does not load, but I don't understand why.

6. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

7. Explodingturtle

Explodingturtle
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG.dogfight

Attached Files:

• Screenshot2017-08-021945562.png
  8. Stoat Muldoon

Stoat Muldoon
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Can you guys and anyone else with similar issues please confirm that you have installed the mod in the correct way? By placing the zip itself in documents/beamng.drive/mods.

The mod uses a custom powertrain device that is loaded from outside the vehicles folder inside the zip and it is possible that incorrect installation may cause issues with that. Furthermore, the zip must NOT be extracted, or it will almost certainly not load the powertrain device. :p
    Thanks

#48 Stoat Muldoon, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  9. GoredontheDestroyer

GoredontheDestroyer
    Expand Collapse

The documents folder is a system folder on your machine itself, not part of BeamNG.

10. Codkillsnipe

Codkillsnipe
    Expand Collapse

dude u should make a huey

11. Objective Alpha

Objective Alpha
    Expand Collapse

once the mod has downloaded i open it which gives me 3 folders, i then copy all those 3 folders to the beamng vehicles folder with all the other mods i have. if this is wrong please tell me the correct way, as this mod is the best mod in beamng yet
    --- Post updated ---
    that does not appear to be working
    --- Post updated ---
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSS it works, i was putting it in a folder i had named where i wass putting all my other mods called vehicles but putting it under mods worked!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are a legend, sorry for all the hassle!

12. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I cleared my cache for the 2nd time and it now works, strange but its an absolutely fantastic mod none-the-less. Might i ask how are you doing the missiles? the explosion bit is that a modified wind command to show a short burst for that area or is this some other strange sourcery :p

13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

That's completely wrong.
    Not sure where you read that, but the official guide on how to install mods clearly states you only have to put the ZIP in Documents/BeamNG.Drive/mods. Stop. Nothing else required.
    Do not open the ZIP or any fancy things.

14. Stoat Muldoon

Stoat Muldoon
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

You're welcome. Can everyone else who was/is having issues also confirm correct installation?

The explosive itself is derived from B25Mitch's propane tank. If you turn on coltri debug you can see how they work. The missiles themselves use 2 axis control fins and thrust vectoring combined with Diamondback's guidance system to align it with its target. It will lead slightly depending on target speed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bytx

bytx
    Expand Collapse

A question : Do the missiles always hit their target?
    I can't go look myself. I'm sorry.

16. Captain. Adam

Captain. Adam
    Expand Collapse

Depends, some types just shot missiles , but one type can shot missiles that follow the target (You should press O so you can hear if the target is near or no + O makes the missile follow the target)

17. cgjunk

cgjunk
    Expand Collapse

This is excellent work! It flies perfectly, and the ground handling also feels just right. I'm having a great time putting the B-25 in the air and taking it down with the sidewinders. I love watching the missile coming off the rails in 100x slo-mo, and I was blown away when I first noticed that the fins were animated as they swing the missile onto the correct course. I did notice that the explosions seem a bit strong (after a solid hit, they tend to launch cars half-way across the map.) Is it possible to tone down the explosion strength?

18. crazyguy69

crazyguy69
    Expand Collapse

i have a problem with the engins i increase the throtle and nothing happens

19. GoredontheDestroyer

GoredontheDestroyer
    Expand Collapse

What version of the game are you running, first and foremost?

20. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

Post #51 was having your same problem, because he installed the mod wrong.
    See post #52

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice