1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Metal config settings?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by suicidal.banana, Aug 6, 2013.

1. suicidal.banana

suicidal.banana
    Expand Collapse

Heya,

Just bought myself the alpha (keep up the great work guys!) but was wondering something;
    Will there be some sort of settings relating the metal physics? because while i love them, it often looks a bit to springy/'tinfoily' for my taste, obviously im no expert on how bent metal behaves on a moving vehicle but id like to see it look a little more sturdy, hence the question.

Any replys or discussions appreciated, got anything to say about how the metal physics could be even cooler? heres your chance. :cool:

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Well, there's a limit to how stiff things can be while still simulated in real time. It's to do with processing power. That said, real metal is a lot floppier than you'd think. Watch some real life slow motion crash tests and metal almost looks like jello.

3. suicidal.banana

suicidal.banana
    Expand Collapse

You actually have a very valid point, i watched some real life slow-mo car-crashes yesterday and it was pretty much the same or more amount of 'floppyness'.
    That said, i would still like such an option somewhere down the road, its understandable/acceptable that it takes extra processing power, so only consider it as an option, if you will at all.

Thanks for the reply :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice