[Minecraft][FR]XolioZ - DayZ Like servers / Serveur DayZ-like

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by hugobros3, Nov 8, 2013.

1. hugobros3

hugobros3
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone !

artwork-logo.png

I'm the proud owner of a server ( multiples ones in fact ), called XolioZ.
    The goal of it is simple : reproduce DayZ the most accurately possible in Minecraft, and provide a realistic, balanced and complete gameplay to the game.
    We are aware that we are not the firsts ( and neither the lasts ) who are claiming to make this kind of server ( MineZ being the most known for instance ), but
    we managed to get 16k unique players in one year of existence ( the most of them came when we got featured on Minecraft.fr, the first french website about Minecraft, 3 months ago ).

Currently, we run 8+1 instances of the server ( the last one being a roleplay one ), which all have 25 slots capacity.
    We made ourselves our plugins from scratch and we've builded a 4km2 map ( +2km2 additionals islands )

map.png

It's currently in vanilla Minecraft, so you need no mods, just a texturepack.
    The server features guns ( using retextured tools ), custom zombies, custom chest-based loot system, multiple towns, working torchlights, 24h daylight cycle, 74 spawn points, multi-instances DB ( that means your character is not linked with the instance you play on ), and much, much more.

There is no "VIP" or "Donator" ranks who will just ruin the game by giving them overpowered perks, in fact, donators earn nothing more than respect ( and so they are really rare by the way ), we pay for the server by ourselves

You can play it by picking a server ( In French only, English version comming ... well we don't know really, I'm lazy of translating it, but don't let that stop you ) there :

http://z.xol.io

And that's the part where some of you say themselves :
    "Ok cool, that guy is just advertising a random french server, not interesting and offtopic ... "

And they'd be right if I wouldn't tell you about our bigger projects.
    Having a DayZ-like server is cool, it brings people and is easily popular.

Having the best DayZ-like server ever created is something more interesting.
    I'm going to speak you about XolioZ+. It's basically the same concept, but with homemade mods that brings crazy features, and a huge map, I mean really huge.

chernogorsk-wip-v3.png

We're working on a map called Chernacube. Yes, it's Chernarus, the original DayZ map, recreated accurately, with correct height, forests, lakes, towns and roads, in Minecraft.
    It's not even close to be finished, it'll be 100km2, and we don't have even finished 10% of it. Still, it's already enormous. And we need more builders, guys that are used to Minecraft, DayZ and talented at building nice-looking post-apocaliptic stuff.

Here's a pic so you represent yourself the scale of it compared to the old map :

chernacube-with-old.png

So I think I made my point about the map. If you want to see it by yourself, check out this map : http://map.xoliocraft.org/?worldname=maps-chernarus&mapname=flat&zoom=0&x=5120&y=64&z=5120

But it won't just be a map. It'll be mods, and mods you never saw anywhere else. Mods I make myself, using nothing more than opensource libs and MCP. In fact the only mods I didn't made myself were Optifine ( with author's approval ) and mAtmos ( in free license ).
    The functions list is quite long : There'll be weapons in 3d, cars ( with all DayZ functions ), zombies with perfect AI, lootable blocks, multiple usable items ( maps, googles, compasses, medical stuff ). That may not seem really realistic to code for a single modder, so here's a pic :

voiture.png

Yes this is actual ingame screen ( with shaders mods on top of it ), those vehicles have animations, make sound, carry passengers and will soon be fixable and destroyable.
    I plan to make UAZs, Pickups, Trucks, Buses, ATVs and even a Ibishu Covet ( If gabester is ok with it ). For the record, I make them in 3d with Blender.
    We'll also have ... Helicopters. With physics. No joke.

teaser.png

And I could fill hundreds of lines with features, plans and so on. I think you've got enought of it, so if you've any questions, want to help us out ( speaking french would be a great plus, as the team comes from france and Belgium ( BE FTW <3 ) ), or just want to say it's crap, don't hesitate !

Also, there might be ... no there is probably mistakes in this post, so let me know if I spelled something wrong.
    And sorry if I seemed a bit pretentious, that's not what I'm here for :/

#1 hugobros3, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Re: [Minecraft][FR]XolioZ - DayZ Like servers / Serveur DayZ-like ( And soon with VEHICLES ! )

I came to BeamNG because my favorite Minecraft server closed. I barely play it anymore, since BNG is so awesome, but I can definitely see myself playing this. This looks absolutely awesome. MineZ is okay, but with the maps and mods you mentioned, this will be downright amazing. I can't wait to play this someday! And yeah... You should really get a English server going. It will get much more popular. And I also suggest making the player limit much higher for the large server. But wow. Just wow. This is awesome.

3. hugobros3

hugobros3
    Expand Collapse

Re: [Minecraft][FR]XolioZ - DayZ Like servers / Serveur DayZ-like ( And soon with VEHICLES ! )

Thanks ! For the 25 slots limit, it's for preventing people to meet too much easily, at 25 peoples connected, you see a guy every 5 minutes, and you've got to be really carefull.
    With the 100km2 map, expect this limitation to vanish, and with 16x more room, we'll be able to fit 16x more players !

4. jonathan.

jonathan.
    Expand Collapse

Is there going to be an 1.7.2. server soon?

btw this is one of the most beautifull minecraft maps ive ever seen!

5. hugobros3

hugobros3
    Expand Collapse

As soon as Bukkit team releases an 1.7.2 build !

6. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

how do i join it and is fps good i run at 17fps

7. hugobros3

hugobros3
    Expand Collapse

Read the full post

8. Lentomakkara

Lentomakkara
    Expand Collapse

I like it, very much. But it needs an English translation.

I'm wondering where I can get the texture pack. For some reason it didn't download even though minecraft asked if I wanted to download the pack automatically,

9. Brett

Brett
    Expand Collapse

I'm intrigued, looks promising.

10. hugobros3

hugobros3
    Expand Collapse

A video of the WIP guns, we play on a small map we made for the occasion.

#10 hugobros3, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  11. hugobros3

hugobros3
    Expand Collapse

Bumping thread : I made a sweet trailer wich shows the stuff that will be avaible at the alpha release :

#11 hugobros3, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice