Mini games/ missions

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by DrBeat, Nov 16, 2013.

1. DrBeat

DrBeat
    Expand Collapse

ive done a lot of playing recently and a lot of thinking.

I think a great idea would be somewhat the same as a simple iphone game, Basically you have a rough terrain very bumpy and hard to cross. Then 1 truck like the d15, put crates in the back see how many you can get across with. But the idea could go far if beamng could incorperate an explosive crate mabey or even fluid ? :cool: it could be real good multilayer challenges. just an idea cus its not all about the beautiful crashing !

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

There is a little minigame I try to play myself already. Load up the industrial map, over near the warehouse section is a short dirt racetrack. How many laps can I do in that at reasonable speed (ie not cheating and just driving super slow around it). Cars take a surprising amount of abuse from it actually, bolide I have destroyed the engine by the time I finish one lap, the covet rally my best was 5 laps but first time I tried it I snapped a wheel clean off mid way through 3rd. Its a car wrecker :p

3. DrBeat

DrBeat
    Expand Collapse

i do that hahaha its awsome ! thrash the cars round till they have no more !!

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The standard model covet does rather well. Lost a hubcap a few laps in but it doesnt go quick enough to be hammered around the track hard enough to take any catastrophic damage (think the fender may have been hanging off and I probably lost a bumper, big whoopy do).

I still havent made it even halfway through lap 2 before killing the bolide.

5. DrBeat

DrBeat
    Expand Collapse

yes the grandmarshall doesnt do to well either i loose the engine alot

6. kruleworld

kruleworld
    Expand Collapse

I agree with the OP, i think the game is stable and functional enough to start adding gameplay elements.

7. simon48

simon48
    Expand Collapse

They are adding them. Didn't you see the big banner saying that the next update will have lap timing?

8. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

We would love to implement missions and mini-games; we have a million ideas :D For now we are focusing on lap timing. One idea we've discussed, that would be quite simple to implement, is "deliver the vehicle", with a points system based on time and damage. You'd be given a start point and an end point, and no other navigation advice. It'd be up to you to decide if off-roading in the Grand Marshal is worth the extra damage to cut time off your route.

9. DrBeat

DrBeat
    Expand Collapse

Now that's what I'm talking about, I understand it's going to take a while as you guys are busy doing great things! Thanks for the info !

- - - Updated - - -

Now that's what I'm talking about, I understand it's going to take a while as you guys are busy doing great things! Thanks for the info !

10. djordsh

djordsh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

OMG! Your right! I was almost done with lap 1 with a Bolide but it died!:)

11. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I made it about 10 meters before killing it on one run once :p

I have managed to extend my best to 5 laps in the bolide by slowing down alot.

Not like it was every supposed to run on these surfaces though, understandable that you send it over some bumpy dirt tracks that it gets killed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice