.mis file won't load. (maybe other problem)

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by NaxNir, Nov 6, 2014.

1. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

Okay, so I'm having some problems with my map A-Better-Grid-Map and when anyone (myself included) loads the map, it loads the regular GridMap instead of my mod. It was working until I updated BeamNG.Drive. If I load the map from the world editor it gives this message: load-fail.PNG but the file does exist. if anyone wants to check the code of it, then download it from here: A-Better-Grid-Map

2. WeatherWonders

WeatherWonders
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if this would work but you could try moving everything in debug-1 to a new folder in levels, then run the game and see if it works.
    Just a suggestion.

3. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean by move to a new folder?

4. WeatherWonders

WeatherWonders
    Expand Collapse

What I meant was:
    1. Make a new folder in levels. (You can leave the name as New Folder for now.)
    2. Select everything in the debug-1 folder by going into it and pressing Ctrl+A on your keyboard.
    3. Press Ctrl+X, and go back to the new folder.
    4. Press Ctrl+V and wait for it to finish.
    5. Go back to levels and delete the debug-1 folder. (which should now be empty!!!) Not sure if this is important, but the game might get "confused".
    What that will do is move the entire level into a new directory. The game might see it then.
    I don't want to download it myself and try this because I don't trust mediafire.
    You should be able to upload .zip files on these forums by the way, it didn't work for me though, but maybe since the forums are on a new, faster server it will work again.

5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I opened this on stable and experimental, and from the world editor in both with success. I know sometimes when using Gridmap as the base for a new level
    the basetex and something else still need to be just Gridmap regardless of your map name. That wasn't the issue with your map though.

Hope you get it fixed!

6. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

"I opened this on stable and experimental, and from the world editor in both with success." what do you mean by "success"?, do you mean: it opens without errors (still default GridMap), or it opens without errors (but modded GridMap)?

7. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

My bad, I opened modded Gridmap and the stock Gridmap without a single error in both experimental and stable.

When you "updated" and this problem arose did you change from experimental to stable or vice versa? As far as I know there haven't been actual program updates
    since late September.

8. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

newer version of the experimental version (I've had the problem for very long).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice