Misc vanilla vehicles suggestions

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by wirelesscables, Jul 12, 2021.

1. wirelesscables

wirelesscables
    Expand Collapse

i figured i'd just make a thread for this rather than dumping on various vehicles' respective threads. easier and probably a lot less annoying lol

anyway, this is just a collection of small things ive noticed over time, and equally small (but hopefully meaningful) suggestions to improve them in the future :)

1. Tograc rear fog lights

togracrearfogs.png

currently, the tograc's lower rear lights come on with the headlights. however, given the FCV platform's european roots and how low they are on the car, i think it would make sense to turn these into fog lights

2. Vivace standard tires

vivace17x7tires.png

for whatever reason, vivaces with 17" wheels lack a standard tire in their size. im guessing this was just an accidental oversight? either that or the devs know something i don't lol

3. Legran (and wendover) crackles

legrancrackles.png

when supercharged, both the legran and wendover I4s and V6s have oddly aggressive exhaust crackles, regardless of exhaust config or ecu type. seeing as they're more considerably more aggressive than higher performance versions of other cars (e.g. sunburst rs, arsenic vivaces, even the bolide 390 gtr can't match it), it just feels a bit unrealistic. i'd suggest toning this way down or even removing it entirely with stock or sport exhausts, which would bring it more in line with the sohc gavril V8s and bruckell 4.4

(just to clarify, im not saying get rid of it entirely - it's fine for a race exhaust or open headers)

4. D series interior color missing

dseriesfloor.png

not much to say here. integrated bed models have a section of the floor that seems like it should be colored, but isn't

4.5. No wipers for you!

dseriesstalk.png

this is a bit of a silly one; on the prefacelift dashboard, the column shifter also has the wiper controls. which is fine... until you don't have an auto trans

obviously, not a big deal, but it's kinda amusing to think that an older manual d series technically doesn't have wiper controls

5. Mismatching headliners

mismatchinginteriorcolors.png

i don't remember which update broke this (or maybe it's always been broken lol), but both the 1996 pessima and the roamer suffer from this issue. with the roamer at least, it goes away with a grey interior, but with the pessima, the pillar trim and headliner are perpetually a shade of brown that doesn't match anything else.

(and as long as im on the subject of pessima interiors, i might as well mention the 3rd brake light. it still looks like it's always on)

6. Facelift dash temp gauge

gavril90sdashtempgauge.png

not much to say about this one either; the temp gauge doesn't reach either end of the scale, starting at just below the 3rd tick and stopping at the same place on the other side

7. In the event of a remaster...

clearindicators.png

...i think it would be nice if the grand marshall, covet, and 88 pessima got clear options for their wraparound indicators, like the i series has currently. all 3 irl equivalents were running clear wraparounds at least at some point during that time period, and their competitors were too

(i also understand beam isn't a 100% accurate vehicle history simulator, so if the end decision is 'meh, not gonna happen', i can live lol)

as for "misc. things that are probably already on the list of stuff to do but just in case they aren't..."

- i'd suggest giving the grand marshall blobbier lights, to more closely match its irl counterparts...
    - ...adding 1996 pessima fog lights, for the same reason...
    - ...and lastly, moving the i series rear view mirror onto the windshield; in its current position, it's kinda useless

that's it, you made it to the end! have a cookie :)

#1 wirelesscables, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. wirelesscables

wirelesscables
    Expand Collapse

Another idea for the tograc - given it's already possible to add a rear motor to an ICE tograc, I think a hybrid "fuel tank" (gas + ~1.5ish kWh battery) and accompanying cvt would be a nice (and more importantly, realistic) future addition

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Thank you! We need every so often these kind of detailed nitpicks to point out minor issues that wouldn't be noticed otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice