Experimental Mod Idea for Built-In Trip Computer/Nav Head Unit for (some) Stock Cars

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Digger_Nick, May 8, 2020.

1. Digger_Nick

Digger_Nick
    Expand Collapse

So I am really bored in isolation and have been playing a lot of BeamNG.Drive and keep finding myself drawn into the new V12 LWB Grand Marshall mod. I feel that with such a special limited edition of the GM, I feel that some interior upgrades would be appropriate. A configurable trip computer built in to the gauge cluster (with data simply taken from the trip computer app, similar to the Bitron B2 mod) and period correct nav system instead of buttons and dials. I've also been thinking about steering wheel mounted controls for stock wheels that don't have them and also small button sized paddles on the back for tiptronic boxes. Any idea on a tutorial or how to make any of these creations for me to then post as a mod on the the forums??
    Any ideas?
    Reply appreciated,
    Digger

2. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

If you have the navigation ui app, then it shows the navigation on cars with screens like the modern ETK's.

3. Digger_Nick

Digger_Nick
    Expand Collapse

I was aware of that but I was more sort of leaning towards a in-built head unit to be part of some sort of interior tech pack mod :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice