1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Mod support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jun 14, 2015.

1. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Whats the content of the .zip file?

2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

The mod I'm trying to get to show in a zip is a newly copied map I would like to make into a map. Aside from that what I'm referring to is the mod .json located in
    the documents folder with the cache.

EDIT: I'm having a terrible time getting a copied map to show up in the level selector other than the same map I copied it from. It just shows up as two of the same map
    regardless what I do to the .ter .mis. info.json, cache deleting, zipping unzipping what folder I put it in...the whole nine yards.

3. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

the mods.json is the cache of what the mod system sees in your system. It should not matter to you, unless you find a bug like you described above. The only reason for me for it not to show up would be that the level is packed incorrectly, i.e. not levels/<levelname>/<files>.

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. Would this affect the info.json as well?

5. Frallet

Frallet
    Expand Collapse

I'm having trouble getting my Grand Marshal mod I'm working on to show up in the vehicle selection. It shows up in the mod menu. I've gotten someone elses mod to show up, so I know I'm doing that right.

#65 Frallet, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  6. jerebomb20

jerebomb20
    Expand Collapse

Where can I get this manager?

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It's in the latest update. In the Main Menu you can find the new button:
    OJYIAKa.jpg

8. Kir13y

Kir13y
    Expand Collapse

Is there an updated tutorial to adding mods and having them work with the mod manager? My mods work but don't show up in manager.

9. cameront20

cameront20
    Expand Collapse

I think it would be awesome to instantly download mods from in-game kind of like Garry's Mod. It would be awesome if we could click a Mods button at the menu and it would show a list of the most popular and highest rated and newest and stuff like that! :D

10. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I'm entirely confused about vehicle modding. Currently I'm going through a process of editing a .jbeam file in notepad++, copying it into the relevant zip file then restarting the game to see the changes. I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work but I don't really understand. I rather liked the old way of doing things and would like to see that become viable again. You know? I'd type in a few changes into my jbeam, hit save and respawn the car with control R to get the changes. When I see that doesn't work, I type in a few more changes, save again, respawn then test. I want that workflow back. I'm probably using the wrong folder but I'm finding it hard to keep up with every change when I want to tinker.

I also can't seem to mod official content anymore. Fiddling with the Grand Marshal's rear bumper, but the modded file doesn't seem to take. So what are the things I'm doing wrong and how do I do them properly? XD

11. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It's quite simple if you understand the system. I might made a quick tutorial on that for future use at this point.

Official vehicles are loaded from BeamNG.Drive/content/vehicles/super.zip (for example).

BUT, if you go in Documents/BeamNG.Drive/mods/vehicles and create a folder called 'super' and then you drop a modified file in there, the game will give priority to that file. It will overwrite the reading order of the game, and you will end up using that modified file instead of the one from the original zip. And that is for everything you drop in there.
    The same works for any other vehicle, just change the folder to the according vehicle.

12. Kir13y

Kir13y
    Expand Collapse

Im trying to install the Mazda RX-7 mod. Heres's the file path: "SteamLibrary>steamapps>common>BeamNG.drive>content>vehicles>mazda.zip>vehicles>mazda>[Mod Stuff]"

Did I do something wrong or is the mod broken?

13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Mods go ONLY in DOCUMENTS/BEAMNG.DRIVE/MODS
    Not Steam>Common>Etc or anywhere else.

There is no Madza RX-7 mod on this forum so I have no idea. You can ask directly on the site you downloaded it from.
    You should stick downloading mods from this forum, external sites are not safe (98% have extremely sketchy downloads) and you can always ask in the mod's thread here for help.

14. Kir13y

Kir13y
    Expand Collapse

Where are the official mods located?

Thanks for helping me!

15. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Official content is in:

Steam / Steamapps / Common / BeamNG.Drive / Content
    Do not install ANY mods here.

16. Kir13y

Kir13y
    Expand Collapse

No I mean like where can I download the mods?

17. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

18. Kir13y

Kir13y
    Expand Collapse

19. gyrotim

gyrotim
    Expand Collapse

My old mods do not at all work with this new layout. :(

20. FURTHEWIN

FURTHEWIN
    Expand Collapse

Am I doing something wrong here?

Attached Files:

• modissue.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice