Modding of GTAV declared illegal

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Logi_Veloce, Jun 14, 2017.

1. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

the devs for beamng will NEVER do something like that nor what Take-Two decided to do,

2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

EA would...

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

Signed the petition and I don;t even play. Kinda feel bad for the makers of GTA but they kinda deserve the crap they're receiving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

That's what all devs deserve that don't care about their game and only care about the bottom line. Trust me, the last GTA that they cared about was IV. They put tons of effort into it, but it got mixed reviews, so they decided "Screw it" and started making casual shovelware, pay 2 win, and other crap.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I've never played any GTA, but I signed the petition because modding is, well, everything. Why the crap would they do this?

• Like Like x 1
  6. silvermanblu

silvermanblu
    Expand Collapse

Jim Sterling is also on the offense, or defense however you want to take it. This is how you get Take Twos attention. Share and like all these videos, the steam community has already hit their store page ridiculously hard. Do not spend one red cent on anything Take Two is selling, this can only be won with your wallets. We can not let this set a precedent, it will create a ripple effect that will affect all modding. Not just GTA. But any game that has been edited could have their editing tools banned. Now I realize there are workarounds and such, but the point is Take Two took one step too far. We the consumers can voice our opinion by refusing to spend our money, not by change petitions or calling Take Two a bunch of money grubbing maggots.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. IvanGF14

IvanGF14
    Expand Collapse

I think Rockstar has make the worst error of their history with this. We, the comunity, are going to lost a lot, but Rockstar is going to lost millions of $ in sales in PC

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SimplyGaming

SimplyGaming
    Expand Collapse

T2 is shooting itself in the foot.
    Okay, probably closer to the face.
    This was a bad move.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

This is like if Mojang all the sudden said: Well guys, Fuck you. Forge is going away and if they dont go, they are getting a cease and desist letter. Or a court case. The same goes to anyone that tries to make a mod api that doesnt need to go to our store. (there is one comming soon actually). Its like if Bethesda said: Well guys, Fuck you. And forces to shut down Nexus mods, or atleast the Bethesda games branch. Only to allow yo to get your mods in the Community store thingy. This is a bad move, and they will pay for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

[Copy paste from General Discussion Thread]

Well, looks like Take Two Interactive is digging themselves a hole deeper than they can get out of. Making modding illegal for GTA V just so players are forced to buy stupid Shark Cards is godawful idiotic. Modding has been the mainstay of the Grand Theft Auto franchise since 1997. Yeah, there were mods that caused R* PR disasters, but this idiotic move has to be one of the biggest PR disasters R* may be facing. R* has dun goofed now.

This move is affecting channels like FirstThirtyMinutes, Jeff Favignano, BayAreaBuggs, Code Zero Gaming, FinKone, all the other modded players greatly. These channels exist solely for the purpose of modded GTA V, same applies to LSPDFR and mods for LSPDFR, including real vehicle mods, texture mods, graphics mods, shaders mods, you name it. Take Two is literally shitting on these channels with this.

This move is directly comparable to the infamous "Hot Coffee" mod from GTA: San Andreas, which was basically code enabling. As sales for GTA V plummet, and general public interest in the franchise decline, only the legalizing of mods for GTA V can make this game return to its former glory.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I personally think this week will go down in modding history. The devs will be overcome by a wave of people protesting, Signing petitions, and dropping sales and Reputation...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

GTA 5 was a dead game for me. I have no friends so I can't play online and the signal Player is about as good as shooting your eye with a nail gun with 5 inch nails.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I can imagine a lot more GTA 4 Mod videos coming back up, and then Take Two possibly saying NOPE to that soon enough...

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

They took that down too. OpenIV is for GTA IV, GTA V, Max Payne 3 and (I believe RDR, not too sure)

15. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Did remember they said Everything owned by Take Two, so rip. The only way for modding for GTA to continue is for everyone to go back to GTA III

16. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Actually, to go back to the 3D Era. (San Andreas, Vice City and Gta 3), which are all based around the Renderware engine, that neither Take Two or Rockstar have power to use anymore. Its actually owned by criterion. Which is now part of EA.

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

Except RW is a very hacky engine, ie the BTTFHV mod for VC has hacky fixes on top of hacky fixes because RW is made like that.

That, and V's physics > SA any day. I can't compare driving a 850R in SA to V at all.

18. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Its not something im saying in a serious manner. Im just saying that without OPENIV, the only thing we can mod are GTA games that are made on Renderware. Because the lovely .Rpf Extension that means that the Rage engine has encrypted it.

19. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

As far as things go, I don't see how Rockstar had any play in this Cease and Desist thing, I mean, this is all Take Two's doing. If I remembered correctly before GTA:O came to fruition, Rockstar intended to make missions more interesting and make it as an incentive to earn money, and it pretty much was for the rest of the games in the series, Nobody had no problem about that, but apparently some people wanted to do it "the easy way" and Take Two saw this with metaphorical dollar signs in their eyes as something to make money on, and pretty soon the "greed" started. This is pretty much why everything in pretty much all the DLCs so far have severely inflated pricetags on them, and also because why basically most of these don't make it into SP, nor any DLC for SP has been made, because they see that this would be "hurting" Shark card sales, alot of people know about this, but you still get idiots out there with money that literally dump money into the Shark cards just because they're too lazy to grind missions, jobs, or heists, even if they're annoying and tedious to do, that's been basically how GTA has been.

Rockstar themselves have been supportive of the modding community in the past, they even did acknowledge it a few times on Newswire quite a few times as well, the way how things are going, they're pretty much the "middle man" in this situation. That petition and the negative views piling up on Steam along with the general outrage should be making them see what's going on.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

yeah, I remember when Rockstar, on their GTAIV website made a video showcasing a Zombie Outbrak mod and a ICE graphics mod.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice