Modifying suspension geometry

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Nuginu, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Nuginu

Nuginu
    Expand Collapse

Hello all!

Say I want to create a mid travel suspension kit for the D series, what would be the best way to go at this? I essentially want a create new mounting points for the control arms in the front, new control arms with more travel. This would also involve having longer shocks mounted differently. Also, bump stops. Is it possible to create a second shock absorber that one works for the final 10% of the suspension stroke?

I don't want to give away too much as I don't even know if we're allowed to modify someone elses game files. This mod also possibly wont be published because of that.

I've already got blender to open dae files and a node editor to play around with nodes and beams.

2. Ziegler Desire

Ziegler Desire
    Expand Collapse

Best Way to do that would be watch some Videos on trophy truck long travel videos and installation Would be More willing to help New to this stuff but here to help and give ideas

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If you look at D-series front suspension file, there is two frame nodes that are moved by off-road suspension version. I'm trying to learn suspension building in Beam, but learning curve seems to be quite steep, however I would imagine that you could move existing mounting points same way as that Off-road suspension moves those two mounting points, that might be working better than building completely new mounting points?

4. Ziegler Desire

Ziegler Desire
    Expand Collapse

Depends on how your looking for realism to remake new mounting points Then that would be the way to go As Seeing we are both New to this, You Could Possbley relocate it and make the a arms longer and then fine tune and see what happens from there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice