1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Mods, answer this.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eskim, Jul 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eskim

Eskim
    Expand Collapse

Modellers such as Agent, Baarry5444, Magdima, Nekkit, Gooopen, RiFlech and many many others worked either very very hard or not so hard on their mods. They kept them private for a long time until one day, a known person who grew massive respect, stabbed them all in the back and leaked their mods.

Their mods were leaked onto ModsGaming.us/ru, STMods.ru, worldofmods.com, modland.net and other websites with the incorrect authors name making it seem like they were "russian meshlaps". A conversation took place and it was agreed to release these mods publicly so everyone within the Community could avoid downloading viruses. There's Pro's and Cons to their mods which i will get to but MODERATORS, PLEASE UNDERSTAND their intentions and not to get these people to download "meshlaps", it's simply to allow people to download them without getting viruses. Because of you, you are stopping this from happening and forcing individuals to go to these sketchy websites and downloading them from there.

Myself and hundreds of others will agree with me that what you are doing to this community is POOR and WRONG and respectively, disrespectful. You are the downfall of this community and as someone who has been here for a while now, you've greatly disappointed me. Your choices to take down threads of Authors publicly releasing their mods because they were leaked is out of order and needs to be corrected.

What's funny if that you take down Zagdima's thread of his Raptor but yet you dont take down Nekkit's Porsche 944. Whats that about? Why are you silencing Authors of mods who have had no choice but to publicly release their mods only for them to get taken down again by you?

Yeah, they might not update their mods and they might look bad but, they're mods. They're publicly made by the Authors. You never did this back in 2014, why are you doing this? Did you even verify from Zagdima that he is the Official Author? Or did you just take it down and not bothered asking?! You're a disgrace and we deserve answers, REAL answers. Not "because they're meshlaps", the real reasons and if you can't, you need to reconsider who you're hiring as Moderators and who you're really working with in this BeamNG Community. You're losing reputation very very fast from my POV by doing what you're doing. Feel free to take this down and silence me, it'll show how inconsiderate, ruthless, careless and disrespectful you are to your own Community.

================================================================================

PROS:
    They're colourable
    Custom Sounds
    Custom Interiors
    Configs
    Speeds
    Somewhat deform amazingly
    Good for screenshots

Custom JBeams (some)

CONS:
    Spikes
    Low Quality Interiors
    Loud Sounds
    Glossy

Not meant to be open to the public

=============================================================================

Like i said, the Authors have had to resort to publicly releasing their mods due to leaks, this is 2020 and this is what it has come to and if you dont like it, too bad. Honestly, we have to accept and adapt to the new BeamNG forums and how mods look and made. 50% make their mods with very little effort, the other 50% spend days, weeks and months with the most effort making them look incredible. I understand there will not be anymore updates or proof of improvements with these mods but like i've said already, it's 2020 and we have to accept and adapt to how the Forums is today.​

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 1
  2. @op@

@op@
    Expand Collapse

this thread gonna go rip very soon, but what ur saying is so true

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Exorion

Exorion
    Expand Collapse
    Restricted

i got a virus one time from worldofmods. But this is a very good point.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Deleted member 309054

Deleted member 309054
    Expand Collapse

Yup, this is unacceptable, a mod is a mod no matter if it is based on one of the official jbeam, uses a model from another game or made in a short span of time. Also seems like they banned anime because when agentmooshrom5 posted the mods that got leaked, it got deleted for "borderline anime crap," yet all it was was just anime. Nothing bad. Fix your moderation please.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. andrzejserafin5

andrzejserafin5
    Expand Collapse

I agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Deleted member 309054

Deleted member 309054
    Expand Collapse

Why didnt you just use the agree reaction?

7. RobloxFan2

RobloxFan2
    Expand Collapse

I totally agree with this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

I hope they finally hear us out with this one

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Exorion

Exorion
    Expand Collapse
    Restricted

you know they won't
    --- Post updated ---
    if anything they'll probably ban everyone here and tell you, "you broke rule something"

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. @op@

@op@
    Expand Collapse

heres hoping :p

11. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

Informative

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Pippy.drive14

Pippy.drive14
    Expand Collapse

Don’t even start. It’s just gonna get deleted and then they’ll start looking for an excuse to ban you.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

The sad truth is that they aren’t gonna do anything, but that doesn’t mean we can’t fight for what is right! C’mon people! Let’s make this place great again!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Pippy.drive14

Pippy.drive14
    Expand Collapse

This place is too far gone. All it is now is 9 year olds whining and moaning about private mods and then having spergouts when they don’t get what they want

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

I mean, we should at least try

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

My Take: Where's Srockzz when you need him? This is another thread about dev stuff. I feel like that user I just mentioned is gonna come back and see this. Re:Z_IA might even make another thread about forum stuff.
    --- Post updated ---
    That and people like me, Phym, and users I obsess over too much.

17. Pippy.drive14

Pippy.drive14
    Expand Collapse

There needs to be a cleansing of the forums
    --- Post updated ---
    Archive some old stuff
    --- Post updated ---
    Delete dead threads. At least clean up the site a bit

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Probably.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Pippy.drive14

Pippy.drive14
    Expand Collapse

All they worry about nowadays is suffocation any criticism and random off topic nonsense. Most people spend more time on the forums than they do actually playing the damn game lol

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Why does anyone care about Community Screens anyways. I rarely visit there for the same reasons I wouldn't go to a Dollar Store after dark.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice