1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Mods aren't in the game

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Username, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Username

Username
    Expand Collapse

I first re-downloaded all my mods as .zips
    Then I put them in the mods folder in Documents > BeamNG
    Didn't work

Then I put them in the respective Contents folder in SteamApps
    Still nothing

Anything else I should try?

2. Zipppy

Zipppy
    Expand Collapse

The contents of the zip files have to be inside a 'vehicles' or 'levels' folder for them to work, while the zip encloses it.
    Open one up and check if there is such a folder.

3. Username

Username
    Expand Collapse

Like this?
    d5ayWWg.png

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Open the zips. If you see a folder called vehicles, just drop the entire zip into documents/beaming/mods. If you see a folder called Celica or whatever (I chose the Celica as an example because I know for fact its older than the new zips system) then that mod is old and doesn't work with the zipped mod loading system, you will need to copy the mods folder from the zip to the vehicles folder in your beamng install folder (vehicles, NOT content/vehicles where all the zips belong)

5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

....or create a folder on your desktop called "beamunzipped" , unzip all mods and maps to that, then copy the map or vehicle of your choice to the proper
    vehicle or level or mod folder directly. I use 7zip so it may be different with WinRAR but the goal is the same, get the zip process out of the way first.

6. Username

Username
    Expand Collapse

What's the default path for the BeamNG Install folder? I just clicked Yes to everything when I installed it.

I really wish they didn't change the system, everything is so complicated now >.<

#6 Username, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  7. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I could make a video, it's really not hard. Default path is now C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive

8. Anxietystorm

Anxietystorm
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem. I just bought the game and i cant install any mods i wanted to install the X-18 Fighterjet mod and i have tried everything i could think of but nothing has worked. I have tried to change the name of the folder inside the .zip to vehicles. I have tried to unpack the files and add them to the vehicles folder under content and i have tried just adding the folder but nothing has worked. Also every mod installation tutorial i have watched is with an older version where the vehicle folder is not under the content directory. Is there maybe a different installation method with the newest version.

Thanks in advance for the help

- - - Updated - - -

i fixed it there was no vehicles folder in the install directory i just added an new folder

9. Username

Username
    Expand Collapse

Could you please? And could you include maps in the video?

#9 Username, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  10. Mastery

Mastery
    Expand Collapse

I've checked several guides now but nothing worked for me...
    I tried to install the VW-Polo-R-WRC mod http://www.beamng.com/threads/7866-VW-Polo-R-WRC
    However only after extracting the zip in the steam ordner i can pick the car ingame. Unfortunately its only some strange block in the air =(
    Trying other solutions like the document path i cant even pick the car in the menu

11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Try following this guide and see if it helps you.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302733786

It may have been this guide that you followed that caused you issues. I have now updated it for the most recent version of the game. If there are any bits that you do not understand then just say and i will either clarify it for you or update the guide :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice