Monthly Mod Showcase/Review by the Staff

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Carbender, Jul 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Carbender

Carbender
    Expand Collapse

(Long Message)
    I've been with this community for a year or so and stumbled upon BeamNG by pure luck while searching for leaked GTA 5 videos in the summer of 2013 and I'm so thankful for that but something that in my mind is truly missing from this community is interaction with the staff of this game. For a game like this, a game with so much community involvement and support i thought it should have something more and I'm not discrediting the amazing support page for content creation or in fact i love that the staff are helping content creators. The "something more" I've come up with is for a different mod or addition to the game to be showcased every month or week seeing the lack of time you guys have I'd say Monthly where a different staff member would create a write-up on the mod picked by them and why they picked it and why you should download or not download it. To me this would push my expectations of the community beyond "Okay", what are you're thoughts?

(To The Point)
    My idea is that a different mod or addition to be showcased every month or week seeing the lack of time you guys have I'd say Monthly where a different staff member would create a write-up on the mod picked by them and why they picked it and why you should download or not download it. To me this would push my expectations of the community beyond "Okay", what are you're thoughts?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

There is a "Featured Resources" section near the top of the mods homepage, and also found here: http://www.beamng.com/resources/featured While this isn't a blog of the sorts you are suggesting, it is a good place to find well made and popular mods.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

That's an automatic algorithm that determines that. Some good mods can fall through the cracks, so to speak, and having the devs review a mod once a month or so would be cool

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Aye not, those are picked manually by us :)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

I stand corrected then! I always thought Featured sections were chosen using an algorithm weighing total downloads, how recently it was updated, and overall review rating

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice