Moonhawk is the best drift car

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by fufsgfen, Aug 6, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It really is a pleasure to keep sideways :p

From some reason I don't find any of the purpose built drift cars to be as enjoyable.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

That's probably because with the high weight, long wheel base, floaty mcboaty suspension, front engine, rear drive, LSD diff, long gears, lots of torque that is pretty flat along the whole curve, and piddly gripless tires, it should actually end up being very controllable as long as you have enough steering lock. The drift cars a built for drifting at speed (mostly talking about the 200BX here) which requires lots more grip and lots more power to break that grip. It looked to me like it was built kinda like a competition drift car rather than just some slidy thing you just tool around in which means that not just angle, but speed is also the name of the game. This of course makes the car rather snappy when drifting at low and sometimes medium speeds, but should be relatively controlled at higher speeds (should be... I will admit I haven't actually tried them before :p)

The thing that makes the Moonhawk nice to drift is actually just one simple thing... soft suspension and low grip tires with a good amount of weight is usually very predictable. You can go up or down hill and just kick the thing sideways and you know what its going to do... it takes so long to react that you just know.... Up hill, down hill, no hill... you just know... and that's what makes it fun. That's also why the D-Series is also so darn easy to slide around as well without losing it (although a bit harder because there isn't enough weight over the rear end to help keep the traction constant)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

Can you put that config here (the .pc file) ? I want to try that out, it looks fun!

4. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I will add that the long wheelbase and the engine's position puts the weight away from the center, and closer to the edges of the car. This means the car will have a much higher moment of inertia (resistance to turning, basically) which will make it more predictable, and less prone to snap-oversteer and other such things you do not want in a drift car :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

Same thing with the old full size mod

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Just take normal deluxe (M), put welded diff, drift steering, drag radiator and Stage 2 supercharger with ultra heavy duty block and you are all set for fun!

Slow people with cheap steering wheels, like me, also like from the fact that in addition to all mentioned in this thread, steering is plenty quick, so you get quick flick from lock to lock, while car still not being too sensitive about steering angle, which all really is like automatic error correction, so that even not skilled like me, can keep it sideways.

Bad side of Moonhawk and other of such is then that they need the space, tightest of turns are not it's forte, because it takes time to get sideways and also quite bit of space. Using handbrake would allow narrower turn in, but from reasons unknown to me, I haven't still got around to map handbrake to any of the buttons :p

7. Đ.ƇRIȘTAŁİNE

Đ.ƇRIȘTAŁİNE
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Try Moonhawk, it is so much better...

This is Torque :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice