1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

More engine sounds, less crashing sounds?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by MultiGamerClub, Jun 1, 2018.

1. MultiGamerClub

MultiGamerClub
    Expand Collapse

Is it possible to make the engine sound increased, with the crashing sound decreased?

The crash sounds can be heard when im 50-60 meters above the car.. The engine? Nah nah..

Any way to possibly WAY LESS sound from the crashing sounds and increase the engine sounds?

2. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

That seems reallistic. You can barely hear a passing car's engine on the road, since it's buried under a hood (and a bunch of insulation, in modern cars); but you'd hear the sound of a car crash pretty clearly at quite a long distance.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. MasterFluffy

MasterFluffy
    Expand Collapse

I do agree with you that the crashing sounds are a bit much when it comes to their loudness level compared to anything else. I understand the goal of realism but personally I would be happier if they toned it down a bit or gave users the options too.

4. terasect

terasect
    Expand Collapse

I agree that certain crash sounds are unnecessarily loud compared to other sounds. I would like beam to someday let me roll down the windows to hear the engine better and have an increased engine volume when running modified exhaust/intake or even no exhaust.

5. MultiGamerClub

MultiGamerClub
    Expand Collapse

Weird, i can hear my volvo 850 engine all fine when driving normally (maybe dragging the gears some to get somewhat decent sound) but i guess its just old.

Might be more realistic to have the crash sounds loud, but damn they are way too loud..

6. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Oh, I meant from a pedestrian's prespective, not a driver's or passenger's, though it still holds true. From inside a car accident I'm assuming the sound of millions of joules of energy being dissipated in a matter of seconds by twisting metal and shattering glass/plastic would be far louder than the engine at full throttle, for pretty much any car.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. MultiGamerClub

MultiGamerClub
    Expand Collapse

True, heard a big truck and a small car with 2 people got crushed to death. It sounded indeed as both humans screamed only for 2 seconds then all the metal just crumbled like burned plastic.

The incredible loud noise does indeed sound alot louder than the engine, but the engine sound just feels so "meh"..

8. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

:eek:

9. MultiGamerClub

MultiGamerClub
    Expand Collapse

Not a good experience, but the insane loud noise of the crumbling.

Its not like this game makes it sound, but its not bad either..

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think that one problem is how fast volume adaptation happens in game, so any bit louder sound instantly mutes other sounds, while in reality ear has delay to adapt.

Maybe there could be multiplier for each sound that affects how fast adaptation happens to in addition to current volume level adaptation, that would allow fine tuning. It is complex balancing of things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice