Outdated More Features Mod 12.0 - BeamNG.drive 0.11.0.x

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by StinchinStein, Dec 19, 2015.

1. IIHS....

IIHS....
    Expand Collapse

doesn't work, put it in the mods folder

• Like Like x 1
  2. zaruchen11

zaruchen11
    Expand Collapse

When i have the mod installed i enter the game and a load a car, when it loads the car engine is always turned off and when i hold e to start it up the turbo doesnt work. I've tried loading variuos types of cars and still the same results, loads with engine off and no turbo when engine turned on.

3. WolfGeek101

WolfGeek101
    Expand Collapse

I second this, but I also have a question. Is it possible to disable the engine starting effects on a particular car? Miura's car, the Auriga Heron, doesn't like this mod as far as engine starting.

4. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

Where are the apps, that are shown on WhyBeAre's vid?

5. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

In the Apps menu.

6. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

I have looked in the apps menu.. There is no Engine app or Driveline app or anything like in his..

• Like Like x 1
  7. NoShotz

NoShotz
    Expand Collapse

thats because they dont exist anymore, and arent needed

8. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I downloaded this version and realized that.

9. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

What about the driveline repair or engine repair?

10. l0l555

l0l555
    Expand Collapse

I cannot hear the blinker sounds. I put everything in their corresponding place but the blinker sound doesn't work.

11. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

This mod is slowly becoming obsolete, and the actual game is getting most of these features put in by now. Not sure what I'll be doing with the mod from here on out.. probably going to stop production or keep the really simple things (like engine start/stop, horn, blinker noises, etc...)

If I stop production on the mod, I would like to thank everyone that has used this mod, and enjoyed it! It's been a long time since I started making this mod, but it feels like yesterday!

Also, thanks BeamNG team for letting me publish this mod even though it's game breaking (mostly when it gets an update), I hope that the game continues to get more and more features! I'm going to keep the original post for people who want to know what the old versions were like.

Also, here is a link to the first thread for this mod:
    LINK

Hope to somehow add more features to the "More Features Mod" (for whatever's left of it), but who knows.. It'll be a mystery.

• Like Like x 3
  12. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

Why not join the dev team and make the rest of your MOD into official content? And seems that you are the most hardworking MODder in the forumXD

• Like Like x 2
  13. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

That's the thing though, I would love to work for BeamNG, but I'm only 15 1/2. I don't know a lot about cars, but I know some stuff. Plus, I doubt that the way I code is how they would implement it anyway andddd I wouldn't want to move all the way to their headquarters... lol.

Far from it my friend. Creating vehicles is a lot harder than what I'm doing.

14. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

You don't really need to work at Germany........... I think there are less than 10 people in the headquarter, and I think devs need a people like you to work on those detailsXD. And "hardworking" means you need to update your MOD once the new version come out hereXD

• Like Like x 1
  15. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Updated "More Features Mod" to BeamNG.drive 0.5.3.0.2020.
    -Removed Engine Damage System
    -Removed Gaskit Blowing
    -Removed Oil Temp (Never really implemented anyway)

Have fun, hope you enjoy!

Note: This mod works best at 60fps no higher, no less (obviously you will have a PC that is less, but the sounds will act different if you have FPS lower or above 60fps)

• Like Like x 1
  16. ian Hansen

ian Hansen
    Expand Collapse

I think you should keep the simple things until they are officially put into the game. You did a really good job on this. I look forward to your other modifications in the future if you make any.

• Like Like x 2
  17. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

How come it is old and unsupported? I read through the comments 2-3 times, know BeamNG Drive implemented half the features in, ect, but i want to know why it is unsupported? I would still like to use the start/stop if possible (mainly to start the engine again after it dies even tho it isn't realistic to do it but i could if i drowned it before this update and idk why this is so long lol)

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

@StinchinStien you should be able to change the thread's tag accordingly to the status from here (located at the top of the page, same row as the page-number):

19. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Oh look
    A wild author's post appeared!
    It has come with a development video!

Yes, the gear whining sound isn't the greatest... I'll take any sound clips that might make it better! ;)
    Yes.. The parking brake sound plays twice, it's a bug! :D

What I plan to do:
    • Fix parking brake sound bug
    • Add start/stop again (more realistic sounds? Maybe later...)
    • Add stalling
    • Add brake wear (sound will play after a while instead of all the time.
    This version will hopefully decrease the chances of the game breaking every update, but it does edit the main.lua file.. So if you are missing features from a new version, remove the mod (once it's released).

• Like Like x 4
  20. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

Huh. I thought stalling was already in the mod.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice