Outdated More Features Mod 12.0 - BeamNG.drive 0.11.0.x

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by StinchinStein, Dec 19, 2015.

1. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Yes.. It was, but I'm completely rewriting it from the ground up, so it didn't have it, until now. xD

2. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

I recall having a version of the mod before where there was stalling.

3. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Turns out I suck at explaining stuff

Yes, it has had stalling since the beginning.
    but since I'm rewriting it, the rewritten version didn't have it (keep in mind it is currently not released), until I just implemented it now.

In other words, you're correct, it had stalling.

4. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

Oh, I see. The way you worded it confused me a little :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Heyo 7.0 RELEASED!
    Supports BeamNG.drive 0.5.4.0

Download in Original Post, OP will be overhauled soon.
    Features:
    • Brake Squealing after using your brakes a lot (will take a while, might lower the value if you guys want it to happen sooner)
    • Parking brake engage/disengage sound
    • Gear whining sound (when backing up, not the best but works)
    • Engine starting/stopping and stalling
    No configuration lua file this time, maybe at a later point.

• Like Like x 2
  6. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

Great update! I was confused as to how to start vehicles - I figured out I just needed to hold E.

Is this version supposed to include the horn (H)? I'm not hearing it if there is. Also, is there any way to make it so the check engine light doesn't come on when the engine is turned off? Like maybe turning off the car sets it at 1 RPM or something...I dunno.

7. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!

Not at the moment, no. I removed that from the original post.

I'll look into it.

8. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, not a big deal how the check engine light is on, just seems slightly weird. I'm sure with the way the engines and stuff work finding a solution might not be very easy.

9. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the way the game currently works I can't change it through my lua file, I'd have to edit the core file for it to work.

10. VincentFontana

VincentFontana
    Expand Collapse

So glad to see you continue making this mod.

11. Nate2826

Nate2826
    Expand Collapse

Engine dies even after restarting from flooding but will stay running with the accelerator, and engine restarts after dying from oil starvation just dies immediately when the numbers in the thermal sim still look good

12. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Will fix next update.

Going to trust the developers on realism with this, not sure if it should start or not, I'll just let it be the way it is right now.

#72 StinchinStein, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  13. Jorlman

Jorlman
    Expand Collapse

Amazing mod as always, just two things:

Engines should stall much more easily. For example driving the basic Covet on East Coast, the small ramp to enter the town just at the beginning, I have to brake heavily and keep braking after the car has stopped to make it stall, while in real life a car like that would stall when going under about 600rpm in a ramp.
    In the previous version of the mod I managed to achieve a somewhat realistic Covet stalling point changing the parameter you put in the MFM.lua to like 70 but of course it was only for the covet, many other cars were messed up (the pigeon would be in a state of continous stalling for example).

And I think that the engine starting time is longer in this version? I love that you have to actually press the starting button instead of it being an auto-start, but am I doing something wrong? It seems to last longer than before.

Anyway, great mod and one of the must-have mods for now.

14. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I made the stall limit lower so people wouldn't be annoyed by their car stalling every 10 seconds xD, I'll increase it a bit.

Yeah, it is longer, mainly because I recoded the entire thing and didn't know how long the other one was, I have to decrease it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jorlman

Jorlman
    Expand Collapse

Hahah, I understand but people have to learn to drive manual, and if they think they stall too much, they have to git gud and work that clutch skills!

If not, they can always use the clutch assist (seriously if anybody is using this mod without at least an analog axis for the clutch they are in for a bad time)

• Like Like x 1
  16. MRcrash

MRcrash
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

It is possible to have start/stop function only for one vehicle? I want to use it in my mod.

17. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Probably, but it would require recoding it again using vehicle lua files.
    I'll see what I can do ;) or if you want to have a go at it, just take a look at the source code of my mod to see how I handle it. I mainly use
    Code:
    drivetrain.engineDisabled = true

when it's off, and the opposite when it's on.

Tell me if you need any help (or if you don't know any lua, I'd be glad to try and see if it works)
    ;)

Update: 7.1 has been released to address some bugs and add new things!

Features:
    • Each official vehicle stall more realistically now (unofficial vehicles have a stall value of 250 RPM)
    • Fixed vehicle starting after drowning
    • Fixed vehicle trying to start after draining engine of oil
    • Vehicles start faster now
    Download in Original Post!

#77 StinchinStein, Apr 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  18. JK_S60R

JK_S60R
    Expand Collapse

Awesome mod!!! GG bruh!

19. Jorlman

Jorlman
    Expand Collapse

Oh boy this is reaching levels near to perfection. And quite fast. To put it in perspective, I use the ramp I mentioned in East Coast as a benchmark for realism, and I managed to pull off a "ramp launch" almost exactly as I would do in real life, that is (note that I use a homemade rig with separate shifter and a ghetto-rigged real handbrake):
    Handbrake, First Gear + Clutch
    Engage Clutch just a little bit, so the car hood rises a little
    Pull down handbrake, at the same time give a little gas and slowly engage the clutch
    Go up the ramp
    If I mess up some of the step, the car will realistically stall.

It also work with the "no handbrake" technique (using the foot brake and relying on the clutch friction to keep the car from going down). This, however reveals something that is not this mod's fault: that the torque of the clutch is really high, akin to a bigass diesel pickup, so if you are careful enough you can easily ride the clutch all the way up.(That will probably be fixed when the devs add all the fancy clutch and transmission simulation & damage)

All in all, a wonderful mod best experienced with a realistic rig (I'm working on it and soon I'll change some of the buttons of my buttonbox with a key switch for maximum reeelism)

• Like Like x 1
  20. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Next update:

Currently working on a new start/stop mechanic to eliminate an issue with turbo sounds (before if you turned the engine off then back on, the turbo wouldn't make sounds), and the icon on the dash will no longer appear. Stay tuned!

Also I'd like to improve on the clutch system a bit, but I'm not a pro at knowing any of this stuff, lol.

Such as, is it actually possible to change gears without pushing the clutch in?

What I'm thinking is, when in manual, if you use the clutch, the gears will make a grinding noise, and eventually you won't be able to shift because you keep using it wrong over and over again, but if you use the clutch, it will shift and work as it does right now.

Just a thought, if ANY of that is wrong, tell me! I'd be glad to learn a bit about it.

#80 StinchinStein, Apr 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice