More Police Stuff

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Kasir, Nov 17, 2019.

?

Was this suggestion kinda unneeded considering the mods that exist?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. don't care

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

I watch quite a lot of LSPDFR and every time I see the different light and siren functions, I think how they would be awesome and in most cases doable. So here's what I'd like to see:

Note: The following suggestions are all things I've seen on American police cars as I live in the U.S. Also, feel free to correct me as I'm only 13 and my knowledge mostly comes from being a bystander of pullovers and chases and Youtube videos.

Alley lights

If you don't know what these are, they are the white lights often on the sides of both the vehicle and the light bar. There's a lack of lights on other parts of the car than the light bar and the ram-bar, so this would spice it up a little bit:

Multiple Light Patterns
    Besides the Sunburst, the police cars seem to have only one pattern on the lights. I'd love to see some other than the random pattern they seem to have now, like one that switches from red to blue every second or so or sometimes faster:

There are about 30 of these, so I really don't know if it'll work with the limited key bindings unless it's all tied to ALT M which is more reasonable.

Different Siren Noises + Yelps
    I honestly don't really know how to explain this one so here are some more videos:

Airhorn
    I think we all know this beloved sound:

*I think this is highly illegal in a civilian car

Interior Equipment

Now I do know there are many mods that add these things but I'd love it if these light patterns were all available using ALT M and all the sirens using ALT + or - (to cycle through) and plus, the police cars feel a little empty without anything separating the officer and the suspect and not equipment besides the spotlight handles.

2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The issue with contoller functions you mentioned with sirens shouldn't be an issue. If you've ever bound custom controls you know that there's a fair number of controlls not used by default, most notably for the hydraulics (I bound them all using control/alt+numpad, I guess they didn't set those as default since many keyboards don't have a numpad, but it seems like the natural place to put it).

As for interiors: Interiors in beam just need a lot of work on the whole. It's nice that most cars finally have removable door panels, but only a couple have custom guages/shifters, only the Sunburst has a removable radio unit, aside from interior color (only on a couple of cars even) bucket seats and steering wheels there aren't really any ways to customize interiors, and nothing has equipment specific to it's role.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

Good to know.

OT:
    I should probably add this :

Siren, Light, and Speed Radar UI Apps

It'd be cool to have these as apps that can maybe be in an app preset.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice