WIP Beta released More powerful engine for T Series

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by 1968charger, Aug 5, 2015.

1. 1968charger

1968charger
    Expand Collapse

This mod makes the T Series more powerful as the engine in it was unrealistically weak. This engine mod is about equivelant in real life to around 700 horsepower, maybe a bit more (just going off my fathers Freightliner Classic which makes about 750). im gonna make it so it revs up slower slightly slower and revs down faster in version 2. I`m also gonna change the way you install the mod in version 2. let me know if there`s anything else i should change. I`m also gonna work on making a sleeper for this truck once i get my modeling down

Instalation instructions: go on steam, right click on beamng drive, go to properties, once on menu go to local files, browse local files, go to content, vehicles. delete the semi folder, copy paste the mod folder into vehicles, no need to extract the folder. THIS MOD WORKS WITH ANY MOD THE STOCK T SERIES WORKS WITH.4

Admin Edit: To install the mod just drop the zip in Documents/BeamNG.Drive/mods. The method above will result in issues with the next updates.

Attached Files:

#1 1968charger, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
  2. Zorin-Ind.

Zorin-Ind.
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it was unrealistically weak. Do you expect a full-size truck to do 0-60 in 10 seconds? The thing has 13 -or so- gears for a reason...

But yeah, 700 horsepower sounds like a lot of fun :p

3. burk

burk
    Expand Collapse

this is not the preferred way to make these mods, try to get help and/or make it so it does not replace the stock semi truck, makes it easier for everyone

4. 1968charger

1968charger
    Expand Collapse

big trucks have a ton of torque to pull loads up to like 112,000 pounds I think it is in the U.S. with an r permit, the tractor in this game should weigh around 15,000 pounds and 700 horse with an ungodly amount of torque should get a truck going pretty fast pretty quick

5. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

the T75 is based off of a International 9300, with features a N14 Cummins turbo diesel inline 6 producing ~350 HP from a few sources I found.

http://www.rockanddirt.com/trucks-for-sale/INTERNATIONAL/9300/invnum=10834792
    http://www.rockanddirt.com/trucks-for-sale/INTERNATIONAL/9300/invnum=10599587

and here's a thread where people are discussing the engine
    http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f33/n14-cummins-96991/

Anyway,
    The T75 makes ~ 350 hp and around 1100 lb-ft of torque

so... it's not unrealistically underpowered.

6. 1968charger

1968charger
    Expand Collapse

the t75 should still be much faster but I based this off a cat c15 with a custom turbo, intercooler, a cam shaft, and theres probably stuff im forgetting. not all 9300`s have n14`s in them

7. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

The one that the T75 is based of has a N14 though.

8. DarthCain

DarthCain
    Expand Collapse

Lol. None of the trucks you listed even have a N14 in them. One has a Caterpillar 3306, and the other has an older Cummins Big Cam. GG

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=5357533
    http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=5982835
    http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6322017

Though to be fair 700HP is a bit much.

9. 1968charger

1968charger
    Expand Collapse

700hp aint much. my fathers model c15 i believe is 550hp model and its chipped with a turbo and a cam. the n14 cummins went horsepower wise stock anywhere from around 375 to 600. in real life 1200hp is around when you should be worried pulling a 105,000 pound load up a hill and blowing a driveshaft out or something stupid. 700hp really is a healthy motor

10. burk

burk
    Expand Collapse

the most powerful volvo right now is the fh16. it has 750 hp and 3.550 newton-meters of tourqe ;)

11. hundanth

hundanth
    Expand Collapse

As someone that works on, and drives trucks everyday. No. Just no.

12. 1968charger

1968charger
    Expand Collapse

why does it have to be a no and not, yes, just yes

- - - Updated - - -

i got the 750hp part but i have no idea what newton meters of torque is in foot pounds. all i know is its the most powerful engine in euro truck simulator 2

13. Doug7070

Doug7070
    Expand Collapse

As someone who works in the transportation industry, here's the deal as I see it from my experience*:
    The T Series in BeamNG.Drive is an older model semi, so it's going to make a bit less horsepower by default with an older model engine than your past decade or so of vehicles. It's also based on a stock truck, probably one only intended to pull up to the 80,000 pound standard gross vehicle weight limit without an over size/weight permit, if that.
    Even a modern stock tractor unit will only make around 400-600 horsepower in a factory default condition. The trucks making upwards of 700 horsepower are those that have been modified aftermarket for regularly hauling over size/weight loads, or very powerful models that are a small fraction of the market.
    If you want to make a mod of the T Series for that purpose, that's fine, but saying that the default engine is unrealistically underpowered isn't an accurate statement.

*I'm not a driver or mechanic, just an office jockey, but hey.

14. 1968charger

1968charger
    Expand Collapse

i know what you mean but it will barely reach 70 miles per hour bob tailing or without a trailer so with 80,000 pounds your lucky to reach 30. in my opinion it is unrealistically powered. the average cruising speed on the highway for a truck with out a govenor pulling 80,000 pounds is around 69-73 mph where i live. and alot of these trucks are older. the n14 cummins that most international 9300`s which is what the t series is based off of came with different engine models making different hp. it was anywhere from 310hp @ 1250 ft-lb. of torque to 525 @ 1800 ft-lb. of torque. heres a link to the site i got this off of- http://www.diesel-service-parts.com/n14-cummins.html

#14 1968charger, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  15. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

T75 is within this range. Therefore, it is not underpowered.

The reason it's so slow is not because of a lack of power, but because tire rolling resistance and air resistance is currently too high. Perhaps this is something the devs need to look at?

16. sambalayne

sambalayne
    Expand Collapse

Drifting the truck has been a pain in the ass. this is needed. :cool:

17. 1968charger

1968charger
    Expand Collapse

yeah youve got a great point but when coast it doesnt slow down really fast so air and tire resistance wouldnt be it. the only thing i can think of is the truck its self is too heavy

- - - Updated - - -

i can send you a much more powerful engine for drifting and more slippery rear tires if you want

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice