More realistic brake booster placement

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by fufsgfen, May 26, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

This is really minor issue, which probably many won't even notice, but brake servo placement is not always very realistic.

Top of brake pedal lever is what actuates piston inside brake booster/servo and thus booster is usually in line with brake pedal, which of course makes it painfully annoying to place steering wheel and steering shaft.

With Hopper there is truly challenges to place steering shaft, but that brake booster and top of brake pedal should line up if we aim for realism.
    upload_2018-5-26_15-23-34.png

Naturally in game we have to draw line someplace for realism, taking account such might take quite bit more time of vehicle designer to plan vehicle, but I don't remember this coming up before and thought to bring it up for shooting idea down as not feasible or maybe something some modder some day might try to improve :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. D-Troxx

D-Troxx
    Expand Collapse

Not true, brake boosters can have a offset to the left/rigth from brake pedal.

Its a common thing.

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I guess it's more like brake pedal can have an offset, but it is not very huge offset that I have seen:
    upload_2018-5-26_20-19-8.png

4. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

The dude with the weird name is right. While boosters are not something that has to be installed in a specific part, they are usually installed in the same area.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice